Terrific climbing wheel!
The lightest and shallowest wheelset in the Reynolds Performance line. It is designed to do exactly as its name implies, attack, especially when the road points skyward. The ATTACK offers a tubeless-ready internal 17mm wide cross section to support the trend toward wider tires, ensuring a better tire profile and a more supple ride. The Attack is based on versatile, 32 mm unidirectional carbon clincher rims that can rise to any challenge: climbing, cornering, and cruising. The proprietary CTg braking system improve stopping performance. The straight pull hubs are Reynolds’ own with guaranteed durability and smooth running characteristics. Weighing in at a scant 1365g, this precision carbon wheel set is more than light; it’s stiff, responsive and an absolute joy to ride.
This wheelset features the following technologies:
- This Performance Rim 3 Design identifies three unique areas of the rim
and assigns a specific carbon fiber and epoxy formula to each.
- Hybrid Modulus Laminate. It is a precise method of assigning
different carbon fiber and lay-ups to each region of the rim.
- Variable Resin Chemistry. It is the application of a specific chemical
formula of resin, optimally corresponding to different laminates within the rim.
- Inert Gas Compaction. It is the use of inert gas compound to mold and
cure rims. IGC ensures a more durable rim, born from ideal manufacturing conditions.
- Cryogenic Glass Transition. It refers to a patented braking system developed
by Reynolds. The system is comprised of two components: Reynolds' proprietary
Cryo-Blue urethane polymer brake pads and hybrid carbon-fiber-and-resin laminates in the brake track. The integrated CTg system effectively minimizes heat build-up from pad-to-rim friction and
dissapates heat away from the brake track providing smoother, more predictable braking that delivers the best possible stopping performance.
With CTg, braking temperatures are 100 F (38°C) cooler than with other technologies.
- Brake Wear Indicator. It is a 10 mm wide red line that Reynolds embeds into the brake track. The indicator, centered over the valve hole on both sides of
the rim, becomes visible when excessive wear has occurred to indicate that the
wheel needs replacing. Reynolds is the only carbon wheel to offer this feature, and a patent is pending for its design.
You can also get the RAP
warranty for this wheelset which stands for "Reynolds Assurance Program". Further informations: RAP