Description of Pearl Izumi Women's EM Tri N 1 Triathlon Shoe 16215004 - Blue Atoll / Electric Pink – 4OU
The Project E:Motion Tri N 1 was built for pure performance when it counts - on race day. This is the short course specialist — blazing quick transitions and fast and light to the finish. The quick-draining and breathable mono-spacer mesh upper keeps your feet cool and dry, while the E:Motion midsole promotes a smooth and efficient turnover running style. Project E:Motion Dynamic Offset Philosophy Inspired by Efficiency, Designed for Motion.
Pearl Izumi understands that the foot and leg are never static while running. The heel to ball-of-foot difference changes as the foot goes through the stride. It makes sense, mechanically, that the shoe’s offset should also be dynamic to create a more fluid running experience.
Most running shoes utilize a static offset, while PROJECT E:Motion delivers a smoother sensation with an ever-changing heel to ball-of-the-foot offset throughout the stride. A simple, common sense platform that intuitively adapts to your body to support how you run.
This newly crafted midsole drives you forward with an intuitive flow and a natural, no-slap, no-crash perpetual motion effect—making your run smoother and more efficient.
• Seamless Upper provides support and structure in a lightweight, seam-free package
• Dynamic offset-shaped E:MOTIONTM midsole is biomechanically tuned for a neutral to supinator running gait
• Sock-like upper construction and integrated quick lacing system promote lightningfast transitions
• 1:1 Energy Foam in forefoot cushions upon impact and returns energy back to the runner during propulsion
• 1:1 Energy Foam in heel cushions upon initial ground impact
• Blown rubber in the forefoot and carbon rubber in the crash pad combine for premium cushioning and abrasion resistance
• Dynamic Offset: 4 mm at initial contact to 7.5 mm at mid-stance
• Heel Stack Height: 23 mm (includes midsole and outsole)