Description of Pearl Izumi Women's EM Tri N 2 Triathlon Shoe 16215005 - Gumdrop / Deep Lake – 4NJ
Working with 2x Ironman® World Champion Tim DeBoom, the Project E:Motion Tri N 2 was built to meet the harsh demands of Kona. The TRI N 2 is the long course model. The Seamless Upper gives chafe-free, sockless comfort while the E:Motion platform provides a smooth, fast transitioning ride all the way down Ali’i Drive. Project E:Motion Dynamic Offset Philosophy Inspired by Efficiency, Designed for Motion.
Pearl Izumi understands that the foot and leg are never static while running. The heel to ball-of-foot difference changes as the foot goes through the stride. It makes sense, mechanically, that the shoe’s offset should also be dynamic to create a more fluid running experience.
Most running shoes utilize a static offset, while PROJECT E:Motion delivers a smoother sensation with an ever-changing heel to ball-of-the-foot offset throughout the stride. A simple, common sense platform that intuitively adapts to your body to support how you run.
This newly crafted midsole drives you forward with an intuitive flow and a natural, no-slap, no-crash perpetual motion effect — making your run smoother and more efficient.
• Seamless Upper provides support and structure in a lightweight, seam-free package
• Dynamic offset-shaped E:MOTIONTM midsole is biomechanically tuned for a neutral to supinator running gait
• Sock-like upper construction and integrated quick lacing system promote lightning fast transitions
• 1:1 Energy Foam in forefoot cushions upon impact and returns energy back to the runner during propulsion
• 1:1 Energy Foam in heel cushions upon initial ground impact
• Blown rubber in the forefoot and carbon rubber in the crash pad combine for premium cushioning and abrasion resistance
• Dynamic Offset: 4 mm at initial contact to 7.5 mm at mid-stance
• Heel Stack Height: 23 mm (includes midsole and outsole)