Clock your best time yet. Shave seconds off your time and go for a new personal best. If speed is your motivation, the DS TRAINER delivers, whether it's building up speed with once-a-week interval training or taking aim at that sub-3 marathon. Why is it so fast? For a start, it's lighter than ever so your feet get off the ground easier with every stride. Secondly you get springy push offs thanks to the stabiliser in the sole that channels your energy into the forefoot. Go faster on long-distance runs from 10 to 42 kilometres. Grip the road with every stride thanks to the lightweight material in the forefoot. Perfect for training runs before switching to the DS RACER on race day. The 20th edition of the DS TRAINER range.
Pronation Suitability: Ideal for mild to moderate overpronation.
Pronation is how a runner's foot rolls medially between footfall and toe-off. Underpronation is when the foot rolls outwards, overpronation is when it rolls inwards, and a neutral pattern is when little rolling occurs.
- ComforDry™ Sockliner: Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, dryer, healthier environment.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.): ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natual gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- California Slip Lasting: For stability and comfort. Upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
- Light AHAR sponge: A blown AHAR rubber outsole material with high abrasion-resistant qualities for added durability, combined with a comfortable, cushioned ride.
- Propulsion Trusstic: Mimics connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as foot enters propulsion stage.
- Solyte® Midsole Material: A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA®. Also fetures enhanced cushioning and durability.
- Guidance Line®: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- 3M Reflective: Reflective material produced by 3M company, for night safety.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- AHAR+: New blown AHAR outsole material. Delivers enhanced cushioning, durability and ride to the foot.
- Removable Sockliner: EVA sockliner moulded to the shape of the foot, which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Dynamic Duomax: Next generation DuoMax system provides greater comfort and enhances gait efficiency.
: These shoes are quite small. We strongly recommend to take half or one size larger than usual.