For over a decade, Ksyrium Elite has stood for high reliability, light weight and versatility, utilizing the same high-tech features from the Ksyrium Pro but at an attractive price-point. Mavic's exclusive and patented Fore Drilling creates a strong and durable connection of the spokes to the rim while Mavic's innovative Isopulse lacing improves stability and lateral stiffness under heavy loads such as sprinting or climbing.
Thanks to ISM 4D technology this wheel is equipped with a superlight but also 17 mm wide (internally) rims. By increasing the internal width give the tire a larger surface area to improve both comfort and rolling efficiency. The increasing of the air volume delivers the following benefits:
- Lower rolling resistance - For the same tire pressure the rolling resistance is reduced by 13%
- Greater comfort - While maintaining the same rolling resistance you can lower the tire pressure by 20psi
- Improved puncture performance - A bigger gap between the road and the edge of the rim reduces the chance of a pinch flat or "snake-bite"
All of this performance is achieved without any weight penalty, thanks to the use of Mavic's exclusive patented ISM4D technology. Staying true to the Elite philosophy, to offer the best technology available where it really matters, ISM4D leaves the exact amount of material around the spokes to maximize the balance between durability, strength and weight. The result is a wide yet super-light rim.
The Ksyrium Elite will still come fitted with Mavic's Yksion Pro tire. The Yksion Pro Griplink is optimized for front wheel use thanks to its sticky compound, water evacuation tread pattern and super strong Kevlar flat protection, it will keep you safe on any road surface and in all weather conditions.
Improved ride quality and light weight:
- 17 mm internal rim width for increased air volume
- ISM 4D superlight rim
- double butted steel spokes
- fore drilling makes for a squared spoke / rim interface
- sealed cartridge bearings
- By drilling only one rim wall, we made the rim four times more resistant to fatigue stress. All your energy is transmitted through a 40% increase in rigidity.
- Exclusive to Mavic. An aluminum alloy that is 30% more resistant than a 6106 alloy for lighter and spicier rims.
(Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions) - An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D not only significantly reduces weight and reduces inertia without compromising durability, but also improves aerodynamics due to its new rim shape. Further advantages: up to 50 grams lighter for faster climbing, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration and a smooth aerodynamic rim shape to reduce drag.
(Soudé Usiné Process) - A welded and milled rim joint which is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking and offers superior wheel balance.
(Usiné Brut Control) - The braking surfaces are milled to improve braking friction and eliminate shuddering.
(Qualité Roulements Mavic Plus) - Mavic Quality Bearings Plus.
The Yksion Pro GripLink
makes the difference in cornering. Optimized for front wheel use, thanks to a sticky compound, water evacuation tread pattern and super strong Kevlar flat protection, it will keep you safe on any road and in any weather conditions.
Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty:
The Mavic Care program offers you the opportunity to activate a 2 year warranty for all Mavic wheels purchased new from 2016 onwards. For
certain wheels you can extend that warranty by 1 year to a total of 3 years free of charge. An overview of those wheels can be found here
. With the registration to Mavic Care you're also eligible for Mavic's Crash Replacement Program.
To sign up for Mavic Care or receive more information about it, please use the following link or ask our service team. Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty
Clean with a dry cloth or soap and water. Do not use pressurized water.