The name and extraordinary versatility remain the same, but for the rest, CUBE's 2016 Stereo 120 HPA is a completely new development. The latest evolution of this bike once again sets new standards in trail performance. For 2016 you can also choose between wheel sizes. Frame sizes 16, 18 and 20 inch are available with 27.5 inch wheels, while 17, 19, 21 and 23 inch options come with 29er wheels. The innovative four-pivot aluminium frame - with Manitou suspension components and a Shimano 3x10 transmission - offers pure riding pleasure, whether on twisty singletrack or a multi-day alpine epic.
Hydroforming, triple butting and smart design are the key to shaving additional weight from the Alu 7005 Ultralite tubes. Tube cross-sections are load-specific, ensuring impressive steering precision and joint rigidity as well as maximum efficiency for the forged Trail Motion Rocker linkage. CUBE's Efficient Trail Control (ETC) system guarantees optimum suspension performance for all frame sizes, while proprietary Agile Trail Geometry offers lively but stable bike handling regardless of wheel size: bike and rider in perfect harmony.
The emphasis is on superb function and high quality. The brand new Shimano XT groupset - in 3x11 trim, with compact chainset (40x30x22T) and wide range 11-40 cassette - has an impressive gear range capable of tackling any trail, uphill or down. Lightweight Manitou suspension components, consisting of the Minute TS Air suspension fork with tapered aluminium steerer and Radium Expert RL air shock with lockout, tames even the roughest of trails. Shimano's new hydraulic XT disc brake with Servo Wave technology improves on this system's already legendary reliability and performance, and integrates perfectly into the CUBE cockpit thanks to an I-Spec shift lever. Robust but fast-accelerating Answer Atac MA wheels round off this versatile package.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometry's benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The STEREO , FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Aluminium Ultralite - Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Efficient Trail Control - CUBE's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options our frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- FSP4Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE's high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, they succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable them to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.