With its new chassis design - featuring a clever combination of carbon main frame and high strength aluminium chainstays - the Stereo 120 HPC Race is blisteringly fast on singletrack and in endurance events, but an equally capable trail all-rounder when things are getting rough. The combination of superb handling and Shimano's new 2x11 XT groupset translates into endless singletrack miles with maximum riding smiles. It's an ideal trail companion for keen riders of all persuasions - and available for the first time with either 27.5 or 29 inch wheels, thanks to Size-Split.
The Stereo HPC is a combination of a superlight carbon monocoque main frame - produced with CUBE's state-of-the-art Advanced Twin Mould techniqe - with 6061 T6 aluminium chainstays and a forged Trail Motion Rocker linkage. Tapered head tube, internal cable routing, PressFit bottom bracket and X12 HR axle are all part of the package. CUBE's Efficient Trail Control (ETC) suspension design and Agile Trail Geometry (ATG) come together to give the Stereo 120 HPC Race consistent suspension performance across all frame and wheel sizes and, of course, the same superb ride characteristics that you'd expect of any of our Stereo models. There's no better or more versatile 120 mm full susser.
A frame like this deserves the best components. Shimano's 2x11 groupset delivers consistently flawless gear shifts - with chainrings matched to the wheel size - and powerful, consistent stopping from the improved-for-2016 disc brakes. Light and stiff Fulcrum Red 44 wheels are the perfect companion for anything from racing to trail riding. The exceptionally light Fox 32 suspension fork and the new Float DPS rear shock tame every rock and root, while Schwalbe's Nobby Nic 2.25 inch LiteSkin kevlar folding tyres deliver massive amounts of grip. A Rock Shox Reverb Stealth dropper post just adds to the versatility, opening up new line choices.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometry's benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower center of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Advanced Twin Mold - The Advanced Twin Mold process eliminates any dangerous folding by continuous control of carbon fibers during the curing process. This is made possible by an internal form which provides the perfect frame form during the layup process. Each individual fibre remains precisely in position as it cures. In this way less material can be used as the individual layers can be more accurately and reliably positioned. This production method also makes it possible to increase the carbon fibre proportion in line with anticipated loadings at specific points on the frame. All SUPER HPC models from 2014 on are manufactured using this high-tech method.
- Efficient Trail Control - CUBE's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options our frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- FSP4Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.