Potent All-Mountain Machine!
The Stereo 140 HPA Pro is your guarantee of maximum versatility. This potent all-mountain machine - with 27.5 inch wheels and a well thought-out component package - is proof that perfect riding performance and lively, responsive handling runs through the entire Stereo 140 model range. At its best when being pushed hard, the Stereo HPA Pro is versatile enough to tackle any trail challenge that you throw its way.
Produced with fastidious attention to detail, the Stereo HPA's triple butted and hydroformed chassis offers everything you could ever want from an aluminium frame. The details include a tapered head tube, PressFit bottom bracket and clever AXH dropouts as well as internal cable routing, integrated disc caliper mounts compatible with 180 mm rotors and a stiff, forged rocker linkage. CUBE have developed Agile Ride further - the latest version of Agile Trail Geometry includes reduced standover height for greater clearance and a slightly longer reach. Combined with compact chainstays, it delivers fantastically lively handling while remaining stable at high speed. This is a frame with unmistakable performance pedigree.
The Stereo 140 HPA Pro 27.5's component selection features only the best. From the peerless 2016 Shimano XT 2x11 transmission with 36x26T chainset to the custom-tuned Manitou suspension setup, it's all about riding performance. Up front, Manitou's new Minute fork with TPC suspension and the stiff and cunning HexLock™ quick release axle also saves weight with its TS Air System. At the rear, the matching Radium Expert shock smooths the trail with adjustable damping and lockout. Hauling everything to a halt is Shimano's Deore BR-M506 brake system, complete with adjustable lever reach. A strong, durable and tubeless-ready Answer Atac wheelset with 23 mm rims blends low weight with reliable performance. CUBE's in-house CUBE dropper post adds a dose of extra versatility for rough, steep trails.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometry's benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The STEREO , FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Aluminium Ultralite - Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Efficient Trail Control - CUBE's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options our frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- FSP4Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE's high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, they succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable them to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.