Exceptional All Mountain Bike!
Top frame plus top components equals top performance: keen riders looking to push the limits of their riding will find the perfect wingman in the 27.5 Stereo 140 C:62 Race. The brand new C:62 fibre lay-up is a direct derivative of our new carbon fibre technology, setting impressive standards in even lighter weight construction. Combined with new-for-2016 Fox suspension components and Shimano's brand new 2x11 XT groupset, this is an exceptional All Mountain bike that's equally at home on technical trails, endurance events or epic rides.
The Stereo 140 C:62's stiff, superlight monocoque full carbon frame including carbon rocker linkage - all made using the latest Advanced Twin Mould technique - represents the pinnacle of current carbon frame construction technology. Everything from the oversized cross-sections to the PressFit bottom bracket, tapered head tube and aluminium chainstay hardware is optimised for the lowest possible weight, maximum stiffness and greatest strength. Customised Agile Trail Geometry (ATG) and Efficient Trail Control (ETC) with the four-pivot suspension design creates a fast chassis that won't be knocked off its stride - livelier than its big 29er brother, but with plenty left in reserve to push those boundaries.
This is performance and versatility at its best - the complete Shimano XT transmission and brakeset is your guarantee of that. The brand new 2x11 transmission is incredibly versatile thanks to its huge gear range, perfectly matched with a 36x26T double chainset. Legendary XT disc brakes have been improved even more for 2016, offering stop-on-a-dime power and pinpoint accuracy. Fox's incredibly light 34 FIT4 suspension fork and newly developed Float DPS rear shock ensure trail-hugging traction in all situations. Answer's superb Atac AM system wheels, shod with Schwalbe's universal weapon, the Nobby Nic, transfer your power to the trail with blistering acceleration and fail-safe grip even when you're pushing the limits.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometry's benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Advanced Twin Mold - The Advanced Twin Mold process eliminates any dangerous folding by continuous control of carbon fibers during the curing process. This is made possible by an internal form which provides the perfect frame form during the layup process. Each individual fibre remains precisely in position as it cures. In this way less material can be used as the individual layers can be more accurately and reliably positioned. This production method also makes it possible to increase the carbon fibre proportion in line with anticipated loadings at specific points on the frame. All SUPER HPC models from 2014 on are manufactured using this high-tech method.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. We researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Efficient Trail Control - CUBE's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options our frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- FSP4Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.