CUBE won't follow trends blindly. Only when they're convinced that a new trend has proved its worth, do they develop their own take on it. The Stereo 150 HPA Race 27.5+ is a perfect example. Building on the foundation of wide, grippy 27.5+ wheels, CUBE kitted this new frame concept out with a complete set of CUBE components to make an unbeatable all-mountain / enduro bike. Limits? What limits?
CUBE know how to build a light but stiff aluminium chassis. The Stereo 150's 27.5+ compatible chassis is no exception. With the special, extra wide tyres and Agile Trail Geometry (ATG), you're guaranteed an incredible combination of agility and safe handling. Efficient Trail Control (ETC) suspension design makes a chassis that practically defies the laws of physics - efficient uphill, but blisteringly quick and stable downhill too. Internally routed gear cables, the compact Trail Motion Rocker linkage and a deep section top tube all contribute to the modern, clean looks.
The Stereo 150 HPA Race 27.5+ likes everything a little bit larger. That's why the Rock Shox suspension components are equipped with enduro class technologies - a YARI RC fork with 150 mm travel and 110x15 mm Boost axle up front, and the potent Monarch RT3 air shock at the rear. Nobby Nic tyres - all 3.0inch width of them - and CSW B+ 3.7 wheels with 40 mm rims work together to give this bike its exceptional trail manners. In terms of traction and all-round fun, nothing else comes close. SRAM's GX group provides the transmission, supplemented by a Race Face Turbine Cinch chainset with direct mount chainring. The SRAM R hydraulic brake set brings everything safely to a halt, thanks to its 4 piston calipers.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Boost148 - Boost 148 mm technology provides precise handling, on every trail, in every situation. The hub flange moves 3 mm towards the outside on both sides. It increases the stiffness of a 27.5+ wheel by 14% and, for a 29er wheel, by 21%. The reason is the spoke's wider support in comparison to the 142 mm hubs used previously.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometry's benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The STEREO , FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Aluminium Ultralite - Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE's high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, they succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition CUBE use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Efficient Trail Control - CUBE's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options our frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- FSP4Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.