High Traction Trailsurfer!
You can never have too much traction on difficult trails - a point that the three inch wide wheels in 27.5+ format prove. Combined with a perfect 150 mm chassis and high grade components, CUBE's Stereo SL 27.5+ is a bike that will satisfy the most demanding of all-mountain riders. Maximum trail-taming performance has just been given a new name.
CUBE's engineers had to pull out all the stops to accommodate 3 inch wheels in the chassis. Thanks to their decade-long experience with aluminium frame building and high performance tubes, they were able to build a frame that is both stiff and light. By using the Boost standard for both crank and hubs, they achieved the best possible tyre clearance and huge rigidity. Just like CUBE's other 2016 Stereos - and, in fact, all CUBEs - the frame's deep section down tube is the key to its safe but agile handling. Their Efficient Trail Control (ETC) suspension system delivers neutral, sensitive four pivot travel that effortlessly smoothes even the roughest of trails. And, of course, all cables - even the dropper post - are routed internally.
Schwalbe's 2.8 inch Nobby Nic tyres are this 27.5+ bike's standout feature, naturally. Along with the super stable CSW B+ 3.7 wheels with 40 mm rims and Boost hubs, they offer huge amounts of traction and margins of safety on the most demanding of technical trails. Fox's new Float 34 Fit4 Boost fork - and Float DPS EVOL shock at the rear - pair up to give the rider 150 mm of smooth, controllable travel for the ultimate in comfort and control. The transmission is taken care of by Shimano's XT 2x11 gears with a Race Face Turbine crank, while braking is handled by the new XT BR-M8000 hydraulic disc setup.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Boost148 - Boost 148 mm technology provides precise handling, on every trail, in every situation. The hub flange moves 3 mm towards the outside on both sides. It increases the stiffness of a 27.5+ wheel by 14% and, for a 29er wheel, by 21%. The reason is the spoke's wider support in comparison to the 142 mm hubs used previously.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometry's benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The STEREO , FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Aluminium Ultralite - Very high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE's Superlite tubes are triple butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE's high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, they succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition CUBE use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Efficient Trail Control - CUBE's Efficient Trail Control series works so that everyone can have more fun on the trail. With 27.5 and 29er wheel options our frames cover the widest range of riding on every terrain you can imagine. The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. Steep seat tube angles and slack head tube angles make these dream machines ready for action on the descent where you can use the full amount of travel to be on the safe side.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- FSP4Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill. This fact is proven by many top test results in leading magazines over the last few years.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.