If it says "PRO" on CUBE's bikes, the don't compromise. This starts with a very light but stiff carbon frame and ends with high quality features including a 2x11 XT drive group. The GTC Pro 2X is the perfect choice for everything from fast trail blasts to racing - in both 27.5 and 29 inch versions.
You can expect a peerless carbon frame from the Reaction GTC - it was created with the innovative twin mould technique. Fastidious design details like the large frame profile, tapered head tube, PressFit bottom bracket shell and X12 quick release axle at the rear combine to create a balanced, efficient and precise chassis which is also extraordinarily light. Although it's very stiff it won't beat you up, thanks to the 27.2 mm diameter seat post. Neat touches include internal cable routing and the chainstay-mounted disc brake mount. Agile Ride Geometry is part of the total package, delivering precise handling even on narrow, twisty singletrack.
With the 100 m travel RockShox Recon Silver suspension fork's remote lockout and fast-accelearting ANSWER Attack MA wheels - with quick release axles both front and rear - there's no excuse for not getting out onto the trails. Shimano's new 2x11 XT gear components and wide-range 11-40 cassette offer reliable gear shifts and optimal power transfer. Hydraulic Deore BR M615 disc brakes are powerful and predictable in all weathers.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Agile Ride Geometry - Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Cube also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let them achieve the same trail as their 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. They invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least Cube kept the BB height the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Gran Turismo Composite - In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. CUBE use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. CUBE's special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN -Plus testing.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- X12 Through Axle - In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The position of the wheel is done by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.