When you leave the rest behind on the GTC SL, it'll be clear why. There's simply no competition for this neon green or black-and-grey racer, whether in 27.5" or 29" wheel options. In either case, the GTC carbon frame with high performance, lightweight components - a complete XT group and new Fox Float 32 suspension fork - is the ideal bike for cross-country, marathon racing or just epic day rides.
Next to the Reaction GTC frame, even some pro race bikes may come up a bit short. CUBE have built this chassis to be both light and stiff, by using sophisticated construction with their GTC Twin Mould technique and applying modern technologies like the tapered head tube, PressFit bottom bracket and an X12 quick release axle. The slim 27.2 mm seatpost adds a little extra comfort and, with Agile Ride Geometry (ARG), there's no compromise in the handling department.
Consistently perfect performance - even in bad weather conditions - is what the 2x11 Shimano XT transmission and powerful, accurate XT hydraulic disc brakes are all about. The new-for-2016 Fox Float 32 suspension fork with 100 mm travel features a handlebar lockout and provides smooth, controlled bump absorption without wasting any of the rider's energy. Exceptionally light Fulcrum Red 66 wheels endow the GTC SL with blistering acceleration. Contact points blend performance and comfort - they include the Selle Italia SC1 saddle and a Syntace/CUBE cockpit designed for optimum ergonomics.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Agile Ride Geometry - Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Cube also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let them achieve the same trail as their 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. They invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least Cube kept the BB height the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Gran Turismo Composite - In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. CUBE use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. CUBE's special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN -Plus testing.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- X12 Through Axle - In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The position of the wheel is done by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.