The Elite C:62 Pro is an exclusive, high end carbon racer with an extraordinarily light 29er frame capable of incredible acceleration. Combined with versatile, perfomance-orientated features including Shimano's new 2x11 XT component group, the Elite C:62 Pro offers incredible performance and true race potential, without being too extreme to take on a long alpine ride.
The Elite C:62's carbon frame is constructed with advanced twin mould technology, giving CUBE maximum control over the fibre lay-up. It's both stiff and extremely light, thanks to smart design features including an oversized, tapered head tube (with integrated carbon bearing shells), oversized PressFit bottom bracket shell and X12 dropouts. Their Agile Ride Geometry gives the Elite Racer extraordinary levels of playful maneuverability and steering precision, making it surprisingly fun out on the trails. Internal cable routing tidies the lines up and keeps gear shifts precise for longer.
"High performance but versatile" was the design brief for this bike. The 100 mm RockShox Reba RL air suspension fork with Pushloc handlebar-mounted lockout and Fast Black finish, light and strong Fulcrum Red 44 wheels and Shimano XT disc brake system are all standout features. New-for-2016 XT gear components with wide ratio 11-40 cassette blend innovative technology with uncompromising reliability. Combined with the high quality XT chainset (26/36), they provide this versatile 29er with the perfect gear range. Light cockpit components - featuring Syntace F149 stem and CUBE carbon Flat Race Bar Pro - guarantee optimal ergonomics and perfect control.
- Advanced Twin Mold - The Advanced Twin Mold process eliminates any dangerous folding by continuous control of carbon fibers during the curing process. This is made possible by an internal form which provides the perfect frame form during the layup process. Each individual fibre remains precisely in position as it cures. In this way less material can be used as the individual layers can be more accurately and reliably positioned. This production method also makes it possible to increase the carbon fiber proportion in line with anticipated loadings at specific points on the frame. All SUPER HPC models from 2014 on are manufactured using this high-tech method.
- Agile Ride Geometry - Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Cube also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let them achieve the same trail as their 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. They invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least Cube kept the BB height the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- X12 Through Axle - In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The position of the wheel is done by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. They can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.