Gran Turismo Racer!
The Attain GTC is a milestone in the world of carbon road frames. Carbon isn't just the frame material of the future - it's also the most efficient and modern material currently available. The result? The Attain GTC isn't just extremely light and comfortable, but also fast and efficient. This is the ideal race bike for demanding riders looking for a companion on long, fast rides. It's no coincidence that GTC stands for Gran Turismo Composite.
The CUBE Carbon Comfort Frame is an entirely new development by CUBE's engineers, who have poured a great deal of their high tech know-how into it. The rear end's slim Aero Flex Stays are designed with vertical compliance in mind so that they don't pass shocks from the road surface to the rider. This is a clear advantage on longer rides, increasing comfort and reducing the symptoms of fatigue and tension. The big volume down tube - in combination with the PressFit bottom bracket and tapered head tube - ensures that the rider's efforts are efficiently converted into forward propulsion, and that every steering impulse is precisely transmitted to the front wheel. Naturally, CUBE also routed all the shift and brake cables internally. As they said: a true high tech frame.
As a match for the high quality frame, CUBE selected Mavic's Aksium system wheelset. The full Shimano 105 groupset is a masterpiece of technical understatement, uniting the functionality and shifting performance of Shimano's high end components with superb durability and reliability. The gear range makes use of a 50 tooth large chainring and a 2x11 setup - if the climb gets ever steeper, 34 to 32 teeth will save the day. Completing the ergonomic rider setup are the CUBE Performance Post and Wing Race Bar.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Gran Turismo Composite - In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. CUBE use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. CUBE's special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN -Plus testing.
- Twin Mold Technology - All GTC models are built using this complex manufacturing process. In this process we can eliminate possibly dangerous folding by constant control of carbon fibers during the curing process. By using fixed internal forms at junction points the quantity of resin is considerably reduced and the fibers bonded more tightly together. The result is increased product safety and improved stiffness-to-weight values.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.