Aesthet with Long-Distance Ability!
CUBE Attain GTC Pro Disc is an aesthetic masterpiece. This fast race bike doesn't just feature a high tech carbon frame; CUBE also equipped it with the latest brake technology. Genuine long-distance ability, superb efficiency and unbelievable comfort are all in the Attain GTC Pro Disc's genes.
Optimising a frame for disc brakes is both art and science - and as part of the process CUBE chose an X12 quick release axle system both front and rear. The forces involved also necessitate a new fork which, together with the Attain GTC Pro Disc's tapered head tube, creates an enormously stiff structure without sacrificing comfort. This way, the rider benefits from a smooth ride and precise steering on even the longest descents. Internally routed cables give this race machine a clean appearance - a true Gran Turismo! Full mudguards are an easy addition, if the need arises - an option that they've included because CUBE know what racers really want and need.
Shimano's 105 groupset features a 2x11 gear setup. The compact chainset, with its 50 and 34 tooth chainrings, is exactly what's needed on a performance race bike. The cassette ranges from 11-32 teeth, giving the Attain GTC Pro Disc incredible climbing performance on even the steepest grades and a high enough gear to keep pedalling on the fastest descent. For scrubbing off speed, Shimano's BR-RS505 hydraulic disc brakes work reliably even in wet conditions. This race machine rolls on Fulcrum Racing 77 Disc wheels shod with Continental Grand Sport Race SL tyres.
- Gran Turismo Composite - In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. CUBE use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. CUBE's special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN -Plus testing.
- Twin Mold Technology - All GTC models are built using this complex manufacturing process. In this process we can eliminate possibly dangerous folding by constant control of carbon fibers during the curing process. By using fixed internal forms at junction points the quantity of resin is considerably reduced and the fibers bonded more tightly together. The result is increased product safety and improved stiffness-to-weight values.
- X12 Through Axle - In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The position of the wheel is done by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.