High Performance Long-Distance Race Bike!
The Attain GTC SL Disc - a suprisingly comfortable, high performance long-distance race bike - is the highlight of the Attain model series. It's so efficient it feels right at home at the head of the peloton, whether on a long climb or twisting descent. Cutting edge disc brake technology means the best possible braking performance with big safety reserves, even at high speed and in adverse conditions.
Disc brake forces necessitate a different approach to frame design and construction. That's why CUBE's new Comfort Flex carbon frame is equipped with X12 quick release axles at front and rear. They massively increase the frame's stiffness - the same reason they opted for a tapered head tube with integrated headset to plug the CSL Race carbon fork into. In complete contrast, CUBE incorporated their Aero Flex Stays into the rear end, in order to make this racing machine comfortable as well as efficient. To maximise service life and clean up the bike's appearance, CUBE routed all the cables internally. A PressFit bottom bracket ensures long-term smooth running and efficient power transfer, and they've even allowed for winter training rides by including room for mudguards.
It would have been a crime not to select Shimano's Ultegra groupset for the Attain GTC SL Disc - and the same goes for the Shimano BR-RS505 hydraulic disc brakes. Power is transferred via a compact chainset with 50 and 34 tooth chainrings, while at the rear an 11 speed cassette funs form 11 to 32 teeth. Plugged into the dropouts at each end are the amazingly fast DT Swiss Spline R24 wheels, anchored to the road via grippy and fast-rolling Schwalbe One Kevlar tyres.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Gran Turismo Composite - In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. CUBE use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. CUBE's special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN -Plus testing.
- Twin Mold Technology - All GTC models are built using this complex manufacturing process. In this process we can eliminate possibly dangerous folding by constant control of carbon fibers during the curing process. By using fixed internal forms at junction points the quantity of resin is considerably reduced and the fibers bonded more tightly together. The result is increased product safety and improved stiffness-to-weight values.
- X12 Through Axle - In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The position of the wheel is done by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows us to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.