Ready to Go!
CUBE's Cross is the right bike for escaping the daily routine, out into the open air - whether it's for the entire evening after work, or a whole weekend. It's also just as suited to everyday urban use, while retaining its sporty feel. Naturally, we've chosen technology that inspires: 30 gears, hydraulic disc brakes... functionality and reliability. Whether it's tarmac or a forest trail, up in the hills or on the flat, the Cross is ready to go.
Functional can still be beautiful. The dynamic design of the aluminium frame combined with tapered head tube, 3D forged dropouts and double butted tubeset adds an elegant touch while also providing a high level of stiffness without adding weight. Internal cable routing, a replaceable derailleur hanger and multi-functional dropouts - ready to attach mudguards, luggage rack and the Easy Mount kickstand - are all features that you won't often find in this price bracket.
The Cross's sporty nature is complemented by a high quality, 30 speed drivetrain made up of Shimano Deore and Deore XT components - including Rapidfire Plus gear shifters and FC-T551 Hollowtech II chainset, whose 48x36x26 chainrings tame any terrain. Suntour's NCX D-RL suspension fork features a handlebar-operated lockout lever and tapered aluminium steerer for extra steering precision. It's also pretty handy at smoothing out the bumpiest of surfaces. Seating is provided by Selle Royal's Viper saddle and Schwalbe Smart Sam tyres roll fast and grip tight wherever you ride.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Frame Safe System - To protect Cube's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.