Why turn around just because the street is a dead end and it's obvious that you took a wrong turning? The Cross Pro is a unique bike that won't shy away from dirt roads - a sporty tourer and fitness machine for cyclists with a competitive streak. The Cross Pro doesn't just look stunning, it's great to ride too, thanks to state-of-the-art technologies like the air suspension fork, hydraulic disc brakes and very precise 30 speed transmission.
Cube employed technologies in the Cross Pro frame that you woudn't normally see at this price. Whether it's the Smooth Welding technology used to join the double butted tubes at the seat tube and head tube junctions, the tapered head tube of the 3D forged dropouts, it's all there to make the bike efficient, stable and light. Cables routed internally in the down tube reduce the need for maintenance and the multi-functional dropouts are ready for attaching mudguards, luggage racks and our Easy Mount kickstand.
The Cross Pro enjoys being ridden hard. That's why CUBE gave it a precise and reliable 30 speed transmission from Shimano including ergonomic Rapidfire Plus gear shifters and a very light, hollow-forged FC-T551 touring chainset with 48x36x26 chainrings. Together, they provide fantastic gear shifting performance and a very wide gear ratio range. Magura's MT2 hydraulic disc brakes stop reliably and precisely, regardless of the weather. The Suntour NCX E-RL Air suspension fork features a very light, tapered aluminium steerer, can be locked out from the handlebar and, along with the ergonomic CUBE Performance Cockpit and Natural Fit grips, makes the Cross Pro a comfortable companion even on long rides.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Frame Safe System - To protect Cube's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.