Further, Faster, Lighter!
No road is too long, no mountain too steep. Further, faster, lighter... you only get that with CUBE's Tonopah SL. It's the benchmark for a very light and exclusive bike, kitted out with only the finest high-end components. CUBE fine-tuned this bike's weight a lot without sacrificing comfort or ergonomics, as the Shimano XT groupset and premium DT Swiss wheels demonstrate. An air suspension fork and Syntace components speak for themselves: the Tonopah SL is an extremely capable bike in a class of its own.
A high performance bike like the Tonopah SL starts with a high quality frame. The double butted tubeset - made of CUBE's own high quality aluminium alloy - is packed full of technical highlights. The Smooth Welding at the head and seat tube junctions, the tapered head tube and 3D forged, multi-functional dropouts are just a few of the details which make the frame both light and stiff, giving it explosive acceleration. The internal cable routing adds to the modern looks while reducing the need for maintenance.
Every saved gram improves riding dynamics and enhances handling - and this applies as much to the Tonopah SL as it does to any other bike. That's why CUBE added an exclusive Syntace cockpit, comfortable CUBE Prolight seatpost and Fi`zi:k Tundra saddle. They haven't compromised on drive or brake components either, selecting the legendary XT groupset from Shimano, with 30 gears and powerful hydraulic disc brakes. The exceptionally light Suntour NRX S RL-R Air suspension fork is sensitive, reliable and easy to adjust. There's even a handlebar mounted lockout lever. The Tonopah SL rolls on top-class DT-Swiss MA 2.9 wheels.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Smooth Welding
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.