The Travel SL is a very special sports tourer. This lighweight machine is ideal for both touring and everyday urban use and has a drive belt instead of a chain - so rattling gears, oily trousers and regular maintenance are all eliminated. The belt is practically indestructible. CUBE also fitted a low-maintenance Alfine 8 speed hub and hydraulic disc brakes, making the Travel SL safe and comfortable to ride all year round, wherever your travels take you. What better way to have fun?
The Gates CDN drive belt can be fitted by opening the aluminium frame's Split & Slide dropout. This precision-welded device can also be adjusted horizontally (for belt tension), easily and accurately, with the help of two screws. The classically elegant frame design features double butted aluminium tubes, which means it's both extremely stiff and impressively light - but still allows room for tyres up to 47x622. Cables are routed inside the down tube, reducing wear and tear.
CUBE wanted perfect gear shifting performance regardless of weather conditions, so the reliable and low maintenance Alfine 8 speed hub was the obvious choice. They didn't compromise on the brakes, either. Shimano's BR-M355 hydraulic discs deliver safe stopping power even when fully laden, or in dangerous situations.
The sensor control built into the Axa Blueline 50-T Steady Auto LED lighting system - with up to 50 lux output - alternates automatically between daylight riding and night-time lighting. The front as well as the Blueline Steady rear light provides an automatic parking light for more safety.
Schwalbe's Marathon Supreme tyres keep the Travel SL firmly planted on the road, reducing rolling resistance and increasing rider comfort.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With CUBE's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- German StVZO compliant