CUBE's SL Road Pro is a high performance, speed-orientated bike for demanding riders - particularly those who value speed above all else! That's why it's fitted with disc brakes to keep the speed in check - for safety, increased brake performance and reliable stopping regardless of the weather. It also features 18 gears - enough to conquer even the steepest of climbs.
The heart of the SL Road Pro is a light, stiff chassis crafted from double butted aluminium tubes. The rigidity and low weight help convert energy at the pedals into forward propulsion and, ultimately, speed. The aluminium fork is a perfect fit for the frame, featuring a tapered steerer tube for maximum steering precision. Internal cable routing keeps the looks clean and sleek and also improves shifting performance.
For the SL Road Pro CUBE dug deep into Shimano's treasure chest. Wheels are built around Deore hubs, while the transmission is provided by the Sora groupset. They've not compromised on the brakes. A bike capable of moving fast must be capable of stopping quickly, too - that's why they selected Shimano's BR-M355 hydraulic brake system. And of course, the SL Road Pro has passed the stringent standards set by CUBE's own test collective.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Smooth Welding