CUBE's SL Road Race is a fantastically fast hybrid. They've combined the best of racing and MTB technologies, resulting in sleek looks and light weight that's perfect for longer rides. The SL Road Race surges forward with every pedal stroke thanks to the Shimano 105 groupset's 22 gears - ideal for long, fast rides or even head-to-head urban racing.
A bike like this needs the right chassis. In the case of the SL Road Race that meant opting for double butted aluminium tubes, resulting in a frame that's not just light but also incredibly stiff. CUBE's Smooth Welding process at the head and seat tube junctions is as durable as it is sleek. The 3D forged dropout is ready to accept their Easy Mount kickstand. The aero design fork - combining aluminium with carbon blades - blends perfectly into the bike's overall looks. Cables are all routed internally - neat, tidy and secure - in the down tube.
CUBE gave the SL Road Race a full 22 gears from Shimano's legendary 105 groupset, but they didn't stop there. They also outfitted it with other high-tech kit like the BR-M355 hydraulic disc brakes, which always provide reliably powerful deceleration. Fulcrum's Racing Sport CX wheels are a highlight thanks to their low weight and extremely stiff design - and Schwalbe's Kojak tyres connect them securely to the road.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Smooth Welding
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.