Higher, faster, further - the SL Road SL is ideal for Strava KOM-chasers! A featherweight speed package combining Shimano's Ultegra groupset, hydraulic disc brakes and DT Swiss wheels, it's crying out to be ridden hard and is nearly as quick as a real race bike. CUBE gave the SL Road SL everything to make it faster... but always with comfort and safety in mind, too.
The SL Road SL's aluminium frame has to fulfil three main criteria: light, stiff, and good-looking. You could call it a masterpiece. Double butted tubes and a very accurate and light aluminium fork with carbon blades all contribute to keeping the weight down. Cables are all routed internally through the down tube and the frame also features fixing points for accessories like mudguards and luggage racks.
The SL Road SL is exceptionally light but is also fully equipped with features that make it ideal for fitness, training and everyday use. So that means DT Swiss RA 2.0 disc wheels, Shimano Ultegra race bike components and Shimano Deore BR-M615 hydraulic disc brakes. Whether you're bashing out the miles or heading out for an ice cream, it's the perfect choice. Who needs a soft-top sports car?
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Smooth Welding
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.