The Rockway has got everything a shoe that gets crammed into cracks or scuffed against talus and scree needs for longevity. The Suede upper is tough and is made hydrophobic and waterproof to keep dampness out, while the lining wicks moisture and provides a comfortable fit. A rubber toe guard covers to protect from knocks and the Vibram® outsole's dense composition creates a sturdy barrier between your feet and the ground. It provides superior grip on wet and dry terrain as well as high traction. It is particularly adherent and safe for the technical aspects of the approach. The micro recycled EVA midsole provides support and shock absorption, stabilizing and cushioning the heel. Its semi-rigid soft flex fit enhances support and flexibility. The shoe features a Roc Approach Fit™ that was developed to optimize heel support, a snug wrap around fit at the instep and a slim toe tip that provides all the precision needed to complete the most demanding crags and boulders. The Rockway is the best combination of climbing performance and hiking comfort.
Materials & Technologies
- Very rugged, low-cut suede upper, 360° ankle flex
- Tight fit, semi-rigid soft flex, bi-density cushioning
- Precise lacing
- Rubber toe guard
- Precise, high traction approach outsole
- Upper: Water repellent 1.8 mm leather
- Midsole: EVA Micro Recycled
- Outsole: Vibram® IBEX
- Approach Fit: Anatomic fit for the sports-person's foot. Wraparound instep and heel hold, comfortable precise toe feel for grip and fuid motion.
- Approach Flex: For alpine approach. Precise distribution of foot support/roll, optimised forefoot support for precise placement. Fluid flex with unrestrained ankle.