The SUV Hybrid Pro combines progressive design with urban mobility. It's our answer for anyone looking for an active but environmentally friendly urban lifestyle. With a multifunctional frame and high quality features, it's the perfect modern solution for stress-free transport in the city: no more timetables, traffic jams or looking for parking spaces.
The double butted aluminium Superlite frame has been optimised for use in the urban jungle in every detail - light, stiff and technically advanced in spite of its discreet appearance. And, of course, it also offers the light and nimble ride experience that characterises all CUBEs - a product of its complex construction with an optimal rigidity-to-weight ratio, carefully considered motor and battery mounting positions (ODP) and CUBE's much-admired Agile Ride Geometry (ARG). The 3D forged dropouts with integrated IS-mount for the rear brake contribute to the clean looks, and luggage rack attachment points add everyday practicality to the mix.
The urban jungle can be unforgiving. That's why we've equipped the SUV with a comfortable Suntour XCR AIR LO-R suspension fork and Schwalbe's voluminous Super Moto-X Kevlar tyres - so that cobbles, potholes and tram tracks are no problem. On the power front, the Bosch Active Line drive system is extremely reliable, and comes with the most powerful 500Wh power pack currently available. Shimano's Alfine 8 speed hub adds longevity and reliable shifting, while the hydraulic BR-M506 disc brakes provide outstanding brake performance in all weathers.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The STEREO , FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased. All
- Agile Ride Geometry - Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Cube also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let them achieve the same trail as their 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. They invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least Cube kept the BB height the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Onepiece Design - Welded joints in Cube's high-quality aluminum frames are specially finished via this method and create the impresssion of seamless tube design. This generates the visual effect of moulding and ensures high load bearing capacity.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Optimal Drive Position - The engine is the critical part of an Ebike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new Ebike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed down tube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low center of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.