That real mountain bike feeling, with an extra dose of power. Only Cube's high quality Access WLS Hybrid frame can offer that - and in SL trim, it's equipped with an even more impressive array of features. From the Shimano XT groupset to the latest Bosch drive technology, this is a bike created without compromise - and crafted for trail riding fun.
A CUBE Hyrbid is more than just a bike with an additional means of propulsion. During the development process Cube sweated the details, enabling them to build a low weight frame that's still rigid and stable. It's perfectly matched to the requirements of the new Bosch system, so that the CX Drive's 75 Nm of available torque can be transferred to the rear wheel without energy loss. The combination of CUBE's Agile Ride Geometry (ARG), with its shorter and steeper top tube specifically for women riders, and optimal positioning of battery and drive (ODP) together ensure superb handling and unmatched trail potential.
The new Bosch CX Drive Unit boasts torque of up to 75 Nm and peak power output of 600 W, undoubtedly making it the best-performing e-MTB drive currently available. Combined with the 500 Wh battery unit Cube have fitted as standard, you'll be able to make use of all this power on the most challenging of steep climbs without worrying about running out of juice. Shimano's 11 speed XT transmission with its 11-42, wide-ranging cassette is in a class of its own for both looks and function. With the light and stiff Answer Atac MA wheelset, Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes and Manitou Marvel air suspension fork with 100mm travel, nothing stands between you and incredible trail adventures.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry - Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Cube also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let them achieve the same trail as their 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. They invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least Cube kept the BB height the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Frame Safe System - To protect Cube's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Onepiece Design - Welded joints in Cube's high-quality aluminum frames are specially finished via this method and create the impresssion of seamless tube design. This generates the visual effect of moulding and ensures high load bearing capacity.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Optimal Drive Position - The engine is the critical part of an Ebike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new Ebike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed down tube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low center of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.