With the looks of a true MTB, but including a remarkable safety package, the Aim Allroad will collect positive comments not only on the trail but also when riding in town. The generator hub, permanent lighting system, snap-on mud guards and 24-speed Shimano drive train make the Aim Allroad a very versatile companion for nearly any purpose.
Comfortable, reliable and robust - that's what the 6061 aluminium frame with a cross ovalized downtube using Advanced Mechanical Forming can justifiably claim. Stiffness and steering precision it doesn't fall short even when compared to much more expensive frames. The multi-layer wet paint makes the finish highly durable and can take plenty of abuse. The 26" RFR geometry provides a stable and well balanced ride with lots of comfort and a touch of athletic ambitions.
Just like its sibling, the Aim Allroad features a quality component spec. The precise and low maintenance 24-speed Altus drive train with Acera rear derailleur, the powerful V-brakes and the supple Suntour XCT suspension fork with 100 mm of travel take care of trail performance, while the Shimano generator hub, permanent lighting system and snap-on fenders bring ample everyday versatility to the bike. Schwalbe's Black Jack tires keep the bike rolling easily but grip hard on the trail. The high quality CUBE aluminium cockpit and the comfortable Cube 2.0 saddle complete this versatile package.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry - Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Cube also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let them achieve the same trail as their 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. They invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least Cube kept the BB height the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Lite - 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant,high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Frame Safe System - To protect Cube's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- German StVZO compliant
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.