No trail is too long, no mountain too high for the Reaction Hybrid HPA Race. Whether it's a ride with the family or a fun blast on the trails with friends, you'll discover a new appreciation for mountain biking with this bike. Combining human power with the Bosch CX motor - delivered to the rear wheel via an aluminium Superlite frame and brand new Shimano XT 11 speed transmission - results in a riding experience in a class of its own. Available as a 29er or with 27.5in wheels.
The double butted aluminium Superlite frame was developed specifically to match the requirements of the new Bosch system. The frame is extremely stiff despite being very light - and that means fantastic drivetrain efficiency and superb steering precision. That's a good start, but it's really the combination of our in-house Agile Ride Geometry (ARG) and the optimal positioning of the Bosch system (ODP) that transforms the Reaction Hybrid Race into a fleet-footed, fast-accelerating trail rocket with the kind of handling that most e-bikes can only dream of.
Bosch's new CX drive, with up to 75 Nm of torque, is the most powerful MTB drive system available. It gives you the ultimate motor-driven support for longer rides, while taking you to impressive heights for relatively little effort. The standard battery is an impressive 400 Wh, but you can fit the optional 500 Wh unit for even greater range. Shimano's brand new 11 speed XT transmission - with XT ShadowPlus rear derailleur - has the widest possible gear range, making it the perfect setup for an e-bike. It's the same story with the brakes, Shimano's BR-M506 hydraulic discs providing supremely powerful, reliable stopping in all weathers. Light, stiff wheels are built around next generation Shimano XT hubs. The RockShox Recon Silver suspension fork features 100 mm of smooth, controllable travel, stiff 32mm stanchions and adjustable rebound damping with remote lockout - perfect for clearing the path ahead and embarking on new trail adventures.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With Cube's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable them to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry - Cube ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in their series of big wheel bikes. Cube also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let them achieve the same trail as their 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. They invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tyre clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least Cube kept the BB height the same as on their 26in bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. Cube's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Frame Safe System - To protect Cube's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Onepiece Design - Welded joints in Cube's high-quality aluminum frames are specially finished via this method and create the impresssion of seamless tube design. This generates the visual effect of moulding and ensures high load bearing capacity.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. Cube use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Optimal Drive Position - The engine is the critical part of an Ebike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new Ebike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed down tube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low center of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.