Crossmax SL - Re-engineered for Fast & Light performance at just 805 grams!
Mavic's Crossmax SL has pushed the limit again, shaving weight where it really matters thanks to the new exclusive ISM 4D rim. Whether racing or trail riding, Crossmax SL makes for even more dynamic ride!
The rear wheel is compatible to quick release, 12x135 mm and 12x142 mm thru axles. The relevant adapter is included in delivery.
(Inter Spoke Milling 4D) - An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D not only significantly reduces weight and reduces inertia without compromising durability, but also improves aerodynamics due to its new rim shape. More advantages: up to 50 grams lighter for faster climbing; the lowest inertia for instant acceleration and a smooth aerodynamic rim shape to reduce drag.
- Universal Standard for Tubeless. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort whilst reducing inertia and flats.
- Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
(Qualité Roulements Mavic Plus) - Mavic Quality Bearings Plus.
(Instant Transfer System) - Using 4 pawls working 2 by 2, the system provides a more dynamic ride, thanks to a very fast engagement. Its versatility makes it compatible with all kinds of frame retention system.
- The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Exclusive to Mavic. An aluminum alloy that is 30% more resistant than a 6106 alloy for lighter and spicier rims.
(Soudé Usiné Process) - A welded and milled rim joint which is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking and offers superior wheel balance.
Clean with a dry cloth or soap and water. Do not use pressurized water.
It's not necessary to use rim tape even with regular tires with inner tubes!
Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty:
The Mavic Care program offers you the opportunity to activate a 2 year warranty for all Mavic wheels purchased new from 2016 onwards. For certain wheels you can extend that warranty by 1 year to a total of 3 years free of charge. An overview of those wheels can be found here
. With the registration to Mavic Care you're also eligible for Mavic's Crash Replacement Program.
To sign up for Mavic Care or receive more information about it, please use the following link or ask our service team. Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty