Zone3 Men's Vanquish Wetsuit 2016 - black/grey/red
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of Zone3 Men's Vanquish Wetsuit 2016 - black/grey/red
Note: Delivery includes the wetsuit only. Other products shown serve solely illustrative purposes and will not be delivered.Triathlon Plus 2016 - Gold Award Winner!
What makes this product different:
- Proclaimed as Zone3’s best ever wetsuit.
- Incredibly flexible and buoyant. Super fast and smooth in the water.
- Panel design, materials and innovative features result in an incredible swim which doesn’t compare to any other wetsuit on the market.
With last season's Vanquish winning the prestigious BEST ON TEST award with a 92% rating from 220 Triathlon, Zone3 knew it was going to be hard to make a wetsuit any better. However...thanks to some cutting edge design and innovative thinking, they are very pleased to say that they feel the new Vanquish has no doubt become the leanest, meanest and fastest wetsuit ever made.
Zone3 is pleased to announce that since writing this product description the largest triathlon magazine in the USA, Triathlet™, has reviewed the new version of the Vanquish and has classified it with the ‘BEST IN CLASS’ award for 2016 which is a groundbreaking achievement and shows the quality of this product.
The response from the top coaches and elite athletes who have tested the wetsuit has been overwhelming with many of them agreeing that the Vanquish takes performance and comfort to new levels and is incredibly fast. Zone3 founder, James Lock, has been creating wetsuits since he started the concepts for the brand in 2006 and proudly proclaims that this is the best wetsuit he has ever designed.
Over the last six years the Vanquish has made a name for itself with its extreme flexibility, maximum buoyancy and overall comfort. It's become not only the choice of the elite athletes but also some of the most experienced, regardless of swim ability. Ironman distance athletes love the suit for its high levels of comfort and flexibility around the shoulders and Sprint/Olympic distance athletes for its speed and mega-buoyancy.
Design points and Materials:
The suit is designed to make sure the shoulder, arms, upper back and lats are as flexible as possible and then this is combined with some of the world's most buoyant materials around the quads, hips and glutes. This is how it's been achieved:
1. The highly praised ultra thin one-piece shoulder panel has now been extended from the middle of the chest to the center of the back. You can see a flat-plan drawing of this panel to show you how much unrestricted flexibility the suit offers around the arms and shoulders. The extension of this area combined with the lack of seams make the suit extremely comfortable, allows for improved chest expansion and enables a higher elbow position in the water. As soon as you put this suit on you can feel the difference. The focus on ensuring maximum flexibility means you can increase your distance per stroke, conserve energy and minimise the risk of shoulder injuries. This panel is only 1.5mm thick and made with Yamamoto's premium #40 SCS which is one of the lightest and highest stretch materials available. Ref# 1.
2. Zone3 have extended the area of this same high stretch fabric across the shoulder blades and from under the forearm down to the hip. This is the 2mm #39 Gunmetal SCS used under the arms you can see in the product photos. This material is very soft and is also highly flexible but at the same times helps to maintain the structure of the suit over an extended period of time. The panel design really helps to maximize the propulsion you can achieve with each stroke and ensures a fluid roll with each arm pull. Ref# 2.
3. New chest panel design continues the focused hip and core buoyancy up through the torso to the center of the chest with 5mm Yamamoto Aerodome. This acts like a roll-bar to help promote the essential torso rotation between each stroke, aids in course sighting during the swim navigation and keeps up core body warmth. Ref #4
4. The hip and core areas are made up from a combination of three different materials, each with a thickness of 5mm which is the maximum allowed under ITU rules. These panels are:
- NBR construction side panels designed to work in unison with the front leg panels. NBR is a super buoyant material which is commonly used in life jackets. This material is sandwiched between two layers of neoprene to ensure maximum lift in the water. Ref #5
- Aerodome materials used on the front legs from the hips to the knees to help support the core leg muscles. This material is designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene. Ref #6
- #39 cell SCS neoprene used on the glutes, again with a 5mm thickness. Ref #6
- New ultra thin laser cut neck panel: Comfort is further maximised with Zone3's innovative new 1mm moulded collar which is so soft and light you’ll be questioning whether you even have your wetsuit on! It allows a tighter fit on the body without feeling any discomfort around the neck. As soon as you try this unique design you may never want to wear any other wetsuit again.
- Sensory Catch Panel: Aeroforce fabric is used on the forearms to give an improved feeling and catch in the water. Rather than a traditional rubber fabric, the Vanquish uses a double layer of high performance, water repellent Lycra-based fabric. This firstly reduces arm fatigue, as there is not as much buoyancy resistance during the catch phases of the stroke, but also allows the swimmer to improve their efficiency in the water. No water can enter the suit but you will feel the coolness of the water on the forearm panel which helps to align your hand and forearm during the stroke to give more propulsion and also a more natural feeling swim. Ref#3
- Innovative Silk-Fit inner lining used on the body and legs to make the suit feel extremely comfortable next to the skin and also make putting the suit on easier than ever before.
- Aqua dynamic 'SCS' Nano coating applied to the neoprene meaning that there is almost no drag through the water.
- Zone3's trademark Pro Speed Cuffs™ on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
- Combining Zone3's recognized red cuffs with stylish graphite neoprene on the arms and gold and gunmetal tones for an exclusive look. A suit with the looks to live up to its legendary performance.
Material 100% polyamide
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of Zone3 Men's Vanquish Wetsuit 2016 - black/grey/red
|Product Name:||Zone3 Men's Vanquish Wetsuit 2016 - black/grey/red|
|Purpose:||triathlon distance, short distance, sprint|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)