Specialized DEMO 8 I ALLOY 650B Mountainbike 2016 - gloss monster green/rocket red/white
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of Specialized DEMO 8 I ALLOY 650B Mountainbike 2016 - gloss monster green/rocket red/white
Excitingly Different!No material has earned its keep on the downhill circuit like Specialized's M5 aluminum. The reasons for this are stacking, but primarily, it can all be summed up by stiffness, light overall weight, and strength. That's why you'll find that their Demo 8 I was constructed from it. Not only that, but it also features a 1.5-inch forged head tube to enhance most of these qualities. As for the ride, the Demo 8 pairs Specialized's S3 Geometry with an asymmetric frame design that ensures plenty of access, a roomy top tube for added control, ultra-short, nimble chainstays, a low bottom bracket that keeps you feeling planted, and a slack front end that provides the utmost in responsive handling at speed. For suspension, this Demo features 200 mm up front via a RockShox BoXXer RC 650b and 200 mm of travel at the rear controlled by a custom-tuned FOX VAN RC. Together, the combo ensures that you'll be able to rocket over any terrain with confidence. And when you add in a build kit consisting of SRAM's powerful Guide brakes, a durable one-by SRAM drivetrain, and Specialized's legendary Butcher & Slaughter DH tires, you get a bike that wants nothing more than to be pushed harder and faster.
- M5 alloy construction works in tandem with Specialized's S3 Geometry, an asymmetric frame design, and a 1.5" forged head tube to create the ultimate race machine. The design is relatively compact in order increase maneuverability and responsiveness, while the 200 mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in stride. And to fill out all of the details that make the difference on race day, they've included an ISCG '05 mount for chain guides and a rear derailleur protector to keep you shifting smoothly through rock gardens and unexpected strikes.
- Custom FOX Van RC rear shock features 200 mm of coil-sprung travel and three easily adjustable stages of sensitivity, from small bump to full motor. It's also received our custom shock tune to ensure maximum performance over both small bumps and big hits alike.
- RockShox BoXXer RC 650b fork is purposefully designed for the most demanding terrain on earth. With 200 mm of travel, Motion Control IS damping for maximum efficiency, and Power Buldge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it'll leave you with nothing but confidence.
- 650bx2.5" Butcher DH tire at the front has prominent shoulder knobs that ravenously grip in any condition, while the center tread is low for minimal rolling resistance. Meanwhile, we positioned a 650bx2.3" Slaughter DH at the rear for its aggressive tread, stiff sidewall, and tacky grip-ensuring maximum traction and protection through any terrain.
- A Specialized 6061 alloy seatpost is tough, strong, and features a 0 mm setback for the perfect position on the descents.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of Specialized DEMO 8 I ALLOY 650B Mountainbike 2016 - gloss monster green/rocket red/white
|Product Name:||Specialized DEMO 8 I ALLOY 650B Mountainbike 2016 - gloss monster green/rocket red/white|
|Manufacturer item code:||94516-510x|
|Frame:||S3 Geometry | 1.5” forged head tube | 135 mm rear spacing | compact race design | ISCG ‘05 mount | cartridge bearing rear shock mount | rear derailleur protector | 200 mm travel|
|Rear Shock:||Custom FOX VAN RC | coil w/ piggy back, compression and rebound adj., 8.75x2.75”
XS: 350, S: 400, M: 450, L: 500
|Headset:||1-1/8” upper, 1-1/2” lower | semi-integrated, cartridge bearings|
|Fork:||RockShox Boxxer RC 650b | 200 mm travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48 mm offset, Maxle Lite DH
S: Extra soft spring , M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring
|Stem:||Specialized P.Series MTB | forged alloy, 4-bolt|
|Bar:||Specialized | 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25 mm rise, 780 mm, 31.8 mm|
|Grips:||Specialized Sip Grip | light lock-on, half-waffle
S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
|Saddle:||Body Geometry Phenom Comp | hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143 mm|
|Seatpost:||Specialized | 6061 alloy, 2-bolt, 0 mm setback, 30.9 mm|
|Crankset:||Custom SRAM Descendant | BB30, 7050 alloy arms, thin 36T ring, w/ Gamut bashguard|
|Bottom Bracket:||SRAM | BB30, 83 mm|
|Rear Derailleur:||SRAM GX Type 2.1 | 10-speed, short cage|
|Shifter:||SRAM X7 | 10-speed, w/ Matchmaker clamp|
|Sprocket:||SRAM PG-1030 | 10-speed, 11-36|
|Chain:||SRAM PC-1031 | 10-speed, w/ PowerLink, nickel finish|
|Brakes:||SRAM Guide | metallic pads, 200/180 mm|
|Rims:||Roval 650b | alloy, 24 mm inner width, 32h|
|Spokes:||DT Swiss Industry|
|Hubs:||FW: Specialized, Hi Lo disc 20x110 mm, 36h
RW: Specialized, Hi Lo disc 12x135 mm, 32h
|Tires:||F: Specialized Butcher DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.5”
R: Specialized Slaughter DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.3”
|Pedals:||Specialized Bennies | 6061 alloy body, sealed cartridge, 4.5 mm removable pins|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)