It wasn’t easy to improve upon the class-leading design and function of the TLD D2 helmet, but Troy Lee Designs made it happen. By integrating next-level safety devices and making functional improvements, they raised the bar for head protection in the genre with their D3.
Features and improvements for 2016 are the head form shape to improves fit and feel of the helmet, which increased EPS to frontal crash zones, the extended more secure fitting 3D cheek pads with an updated shape and contour to better fit the jaw and facial area, and the front trim smoothed edges for a more precision look over the sharper edges of previous models.
Riders like Sam Hill, Aaron Gwin, Steve Peat, Brandon Semenuk and Cam Zink refuse to wear anything else when they pedal.
Please note: The D3 Carbon Helmet is not intended for use with motorized vehicles!
- technologically advanced carbon fiber shell construction
- digital wind tunnel-tested, aerodynamic shell design
- revolutionary injection-molded air intake system
- 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
- added EPS and head form shape for improved impact performance
- full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment
- deep EPS channeling for optimal airflow
- strategically placed interior chinbar shock pads for comfort and durability
- removable, washable padded liner with coolmax™ and dri-lex™ moisture wicking materials
- contoured 3D cheekpads fit anatomically
- quick-release cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
- purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
- titanium hardware for reduced weight
- includes 2 lightweight, streamlined visors and a helmet bag
- exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1077, CE EN 1078, ASTM F1952, ASTM F2032, ASTM F2040, and AS/NZS 1698