The WD88CTU carbon wheelset includes all the Deda Elementi know-how in high-performance bicycle components in an affordable package. Light 88 mm high carbon aero profile rims, stainless steel elliptical spokes and a superlight hubs (double sealed radial ball bearing at the front and three times sealed ones at the rear) result in a weight of only approx. 1,650 grams.
The Deda aero profile wheelset is perfect for time trial or long distance triathlon races. Developed with professional teams and triathletes for maximum air penetration, WD88 wheels guarantee one of the best weight to stiffness ratios for this application.
Deda's Reverse Inertia System
cuts the weight of the nipples from the outermost part of the wheels, the rims, which most affect the moment of inertia. That mass has been concentrated
as close as possible to the hubs, the area closest to the axis of rotation, where the moment of inertia approaches zero. In
simple terms, this means faster acceleration and less energy which is needed to bring the bicycle up to racing speeds. The hubs, like the rest of the wheel, have been built to be as light as possible, through the usage of optimized smooth running, high-durability bearings, the lightest materials and the best forging and CNC technologies.
The rims are made of high modulus (HM) carbon fibre with UD and 3K structure. UD describes the arrangement of the fibres which is unidirectional and parallel next to each other without any direct connection. 3K stands for a share of carbon which measures 3000 filaments, the tiny parts of fibres which are interwoven in the manufacturing process. The carbon rims of the Deda WD88CTU are reinforced with a special resin which protects the brake surfaces even at high temperatures and what results in a better brake performance.
Technical details of Deda WD88CTU:
- rims: high modulus (HM) carbon fibre, UD and 3K combined structure, special formula resin, 3K brake surface, 88 mm high, for tubular tyres
- spokes: stainless-steel Sandvik T302 (18/10), aero profile, 2.2 mm width, 4.7 g, black
- nipples: chrome plated (CP) brass, 12 mm long, 0.95 g
- hub: 6061 aluminum alloy body, 18 holes front, 20 holes rear; 6061 aluminum alloy axle, 15 mm outside diameter, 3-pawl freehub mechanism; available for Campagnolo 11v, Shimano 10s/11s or SRAM
- bearings: stainless-steel bearings, low friction shields, front: 24x15x5 (2), rear: 24x15x5 (2) and 28x15x7 (1)
- quick releases: stainless-steel skewer, aluminum alloy 6061 lever, 56 g at front, 60 g at rear
- weight: 1,650 g (set)