Cannondale SCALPEL-Si CARBON WOMEN'S 2 Mountainbike 2017 - anthracite/acid green
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of Cannondale SCALPEL-Si CARBON WOMEN'S 2 Mountainbike 2017 - anthracite/acid green
XXC-Weapon!Today's XC courses are way more intense, with serious tech sections and hairball features you're more likely to find in DH. These are the kind of courses that don't require a bike. They require a weapon. A weapon that's ultra-light and as stiff as you'd expect - but designed with a lot more capability. For that extra X. This is exactly why Cannondale didn't build the Scalpel-Si just for XC.
They built it for XXC.
- System Integration - Though the new Scalpel-Si is one of the absolute lightest frames in the world, the last time Cannondale checked, you don't just ride a frame, you ride a bike.
So their Si design ensures that the whole package works together seamlessly as you guessed it, a system.
Only with Cannondale's cranks, Zero Pivot flexstays and legendary Lefty front suspension, are game changing innovations like Cannondales Ai offset drivetrain and OutFront geometry possible. Si delivers overall system weight, stiffness and ride-feel that is simply untouchable by other designs.
- Asymmetric Integration - In the take-no-prisoners world of modern XC, traction and agility are key. One slip in traction, letting off the gas for even a moment, can mean the difference between being off-the-front or out-of-the-hunt.
The solution is shorter chainstays. But in the big-wheeled reality of current XC bikes, space in that rear triangle is at a premium. So to get shorter stays, something's got to give. Unless you've got Ai. The proprietary Asymmetric Integration Offset Drivetrain (Ai) delivers the shortest stays in the biz, without compromise. Insane traction and wicked agility, killer stiffness and full 2x compatibility, all without giving up tire/mud clearance.
Oh, and with a stiffer, stronger rear wheel to boot.
- Short Chainstays - Cannondales Ai (Asymmetric Integration) system is based on a pretty simple premise - if something is gettin in the way of making your chainstays short and traction-y, get it out of the way.
To give the rear wheel room to move forward, Cannondale simply moved the chanirings and front derailleur 6 mm outboard, creating tons of space without limiting you to a single ring set-up or making the drive-side stay skinny and weak.
Then, they shifted the rear triangle over to match, yielding a super stiff, strong rear wheel with even spoke angles and tension, but built on a normal hub. Simply smarter.
- OutFront - Things are getting crazy on the World Cup circuit lately. There are descents that wouldn't be out of place on DH runs and guys are trying to hit 'em on bikes with geometries straight out of 1997. In Lycra. It's time for something different.
Scalpel Si's OutFront Steering Geometry delivers the agility you'd expect from an XC machine, but with the line-owning, drop-eating stability and confidence of a burly trail bike. OutFront pairs a slack head angle with a longer-than-normal fork rake on the Lefty.
The slack angle and long front-center gives wicked stability and control on the descents, while the tight "trail" measurement from the long rake keeps the handling quick and nimble at slow speeds.
It's a win-win, for people who like to win.
- Lefty - When it comes to cornering precision and pinpoint control, Lefty stands alone.
Its dual-crown, single-leg design is way stiffer than any regular fork, and its smooth-rolling needle bearing internals keep things moving fluidly under loads where other forks bind.
Since Cannondale make the forks, they can create custom fork rakes, which is key to their OutFront Steering Geometry and, of course, they're some of the lightest forks in the world.
Nothing lets you own your line like a Lefty.
For 2017 it comes with a new air spring assembly, called 2Spring. This internal update decreases the fork's activation force by 7 lbs and makes for longer service intervals.
- Ballistec Carbon - Cannondale's BallisTec Carbon is worthy of its name thanks to a proprietary construction process that yields extreme lightweight, stiffness and durability. It lets us precisely tune the rigidity through out the entire frame- so there's stiffness where you need stiffness and give where you need give. And it lets them push the boundaries of lightweight with such confidence that every Scalpel-Si features their lifetime warranty. It's light done right.
- LOCKR Pivot System - It's an expanding thru-axle that actually locks the two sides of the swingarm together, so they act like one solid piece, rather than a bolted together collection of parts. It gives the bike a rock-solid feel and it's lighter as well.
Oh, and best of all, no special tools required.
- Fullsprint - Even with the best suspension, there are times you want less suspension. To make it as easy as possible to keep control in the hands of the rider, Cannondale collaborated with RockShox and integrated single-push suspension control for Lefty and RockShox's Monarch. After all, when it comes to control, your brain knows best.
- Full Cable Control - With the Scalpel-Si, they've solved the puzzle of full cable control. Cannondale's new interchangeable cable guide inserts let you plug in different configurations for different cable setups. And they lock the housing in place so your perfect loops stay perfect.
Super mean and super clean.
Look at the starting line of a world cup these days and you'll spot at least a few dropper seat posts. So they designed a System Integrated Di2 battery compartment that fits into the top tube in front of the shock - so you can still route your dropper post even with Di2.
- FlatMount for FlexStays - Flat mount discs allow for smooth action of Cannondale's Zero-Pivot flexstays, and they're lighter, cleaner and simpler too. Just one more thing that makes the full Scalpel-Si package unbeatable.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of Cannondale SCALPEL-Si CARBON WOMEN'S 2 Mountainbike 2017 - anthracite/acid green
|Product Name:||Cannondale SCALPEL-Si CARBON WOMEN'S 2 Mountainbike 2017 - anthracite/acid green|
|Manufacturer item code:||C24207F|
|Weight:||approx. 11,70 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Scalpel Si WOMEN'S Carbon 27.5 | 100 mm, Zero Pivot seatstay, PF30, 1.5" Si headtube, Ai Offset|
|Rear Shock:||RockShox Monarch RL | Fullsprint X-Loc|
|Frame color:||Anthracite w/ Acid Green and Nearly Black, Gloss - ANT|
|Headset:||Cannondale HeadShok Si|
|Fork:||Lefty 2.0 Carbon XLR 100 29 | TwoSpring, XLR XC+ Damper (Full Sprint), Hybrid Needle Bearing Technologie, 50 mm Offset|
|Stem:||Cannondale C1 | 6061 Alloy, 1.5", 31.8 mm , -5°|
|Bar:||Cannondale C2 | 2014 alloy, 740 mm|
|Grips:||Cannondale X1 Single Lock Grips|
|Saddle:||Fi'zi:k Arione Donna Mg|
|Seatpost:||Cannondale C3 | 6061 Alloy, 31.6x350 mm|
|Crankset:||Cannondale Si | BB30 | CNC rings with 36/26T|
|Bottom Bracket:||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT Shadow Plus|
|Sprocket:||Shimano XT | 11-speed, 11-40|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT | with 160/160 mm rotors|
|Rims:||Stan's Notubes ZTR Rapid 27.5 | 32H, Tubeless Ready, 21 mm ID|
|Spokes:||DT Swiss Competition|
|Hubs:||FW: Lefty 60 | RW: Formula DHT-142x12 (Ai Offset lacing)|
|Tires:||Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance Twinskin | 27,5x2,25" | Tubeless Ready|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|Cannondale SCALPEL-Si CARBON WOMEN'S 2 Mountainbike 2017 - anthracite/acid green|
|Delivery approx. till Apr. 13th 2017||Frame Size: XS|
|Delivery time 5-8 days||Frame Size: S|
|Delivery time 5-8 days||Frame Size: M|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)