Lightweight, yet highly technical winter running shoes, the Snowcross CS delivers the confidence needed to get outside no matter what mother nature throws at you. In 2013 Salomon got the "Outside Gear of the year"
award for the Snowcross Cross-Speed shoes.
Selecting a winter running shoe presents a paradox; do I want weather and snow protection? Or do I want a light weight training shoe? Salomon addresses this paradox with Snowcross. Based on the Speedcross 3, with a protective gaiter to keep out snow, ankle padding to help prevent annoying ankle nics from snowshoes, and aggressive, carbide-tipped lugs to ensure solid grip on ice and hard-pack.
The carbide tipped lugs in the contagrip sole ensure superior grip on wet, snowy, and even icy surfaces. The full waterproof bootie construction provides weather protection. Sensifit with quicklace delivers a fast, comfortable fit for every foot.
- Anti-debris mesh avoids debris to be trapped between your foot and the footbed
- Ripstop fabric
- Water resistant textile with mud guard (protective material all around the base of the shoe), protective toe cap and protective ankle pad
- Sensifit™: Sensifit system works to cradle the foot providing a precise and secure fit.
- Quicklace™: Minimalistic and strong lace for one-pull tightening. Easy-on, easy-off.
- Lycra collar
- Mid feather construction
- zip gaiter
Climashield™: Breathable and quick drying weather protection in the forefoot area.
- Mud&Snow non-marking Contagrip®: Used specifically in Winter, this non-marking contagrip leaves no traces whatever the terrain. Contagrip® is a precise combination of geometry, density, and compound, optimized for specific sports and surface conditions.
- 9 Carbide-Tipped metal spikes
- Compressed and injected EVA: Molded EVA midsole provides lighweight cushioning and stability.
- Lightweight Muscle
- EVA shaped footbed provides excellent cushioning and anatomically designed support.
- Molded EVA: Provides excellent next to foot cushioning and anatomical support
- OrthoLite®: OrthoLite® sockliner combines a specific Ortholite® foam and an EVA heel cup. Ortholite® foam creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot. It will not break down or lose effectiveness over time. Recycled tire content to protect the environment. EVA heel cups allows for a better heel support and added cushioning.