Toundra Pro Climashield Waterproof is a superlight
combination of leather and Aerogel insulation, for warmth,
protection and fierce traction in winter conditions to -40° F
Salomon's warmest boot. Warm to -40°. Extreme cold is no problem for this high-tech winter work boot featuring NASA approved Aspen Aerogels™ insulation technology and providing superior warmth and fit. Winter Contagrip provides better traction on ice and snow.
Climashield™ Waterproof membrane
- outsole: Ice grip rubber compound
- midsole: Molded EVA. Midsole height: 8mm-23mm
- sockliner: Die cut EVA provides excellent step-in cushioning
Waterproof and breathable bootie construction: Active hikers need a flexible, lightweight waterproof bootie construction.
Grip for cold conditions. Chemical formula for icy terrains which keep the rubber soft. 20 compounds and a specific grip design provide efficient grip in cold conditions.
- Prevent from slipping: soft slats on forefoot and heelfoot
- Stability: large grooves on the perimetres
- Grip for climb up & down: multidirectional grip (chevron patent)
- Furry lining (improved insulation)
- Aerogels™ Insulation
- synthetic fur
Salomon has teamed up with nano-technology leaders, Aspen AeroGels™
, in a partnership that has produced yet another worldwide exclusive. By weaving the lightest manmade material on earth into a fabric known as SpaceLoft™ (initially developed for NASA spacesuits) Salomon's R&D team has achieved massive savings on weight and space in footwear. And by strategically placing the material where it is needed most they have produced a boot that not only features less bulk and superior fit but also keeps your feet in the comfort zone 50% longer than competitors’ coldest rated boots.
- Protective rubber heel cap
- Protective rubber toe cap: The right solution for the toe protection in mountain and trail environments.
- External heel counter provides rearfoot stability and protection. Allows an increased stability of the whole body.
- Heel foam
- Gusseted tongue: Material bridge connects tongue to the upper eliminating debris from entering the shoe.
- Aerotherm T° Comfort -30°C/-22°F
Temperature at which a static person will not have cold feet.
- Aerotherm T° Extreme -78°C/-109°F
Temperature at which the raw material is efficient.
- Aerotherm T° Limit -40°C/-40°F
Temperature at which a low-active person will not have cold feet (eg: walking).