CUBE STEREO 120 HPC SL Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/red
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO 120 HPC SL Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/red
A true wolf in sheep's clothing!
Don't judge a book by its cover: just because a bike has understated looks, don't assume that it doesn't also have a wild side. The CUBE Stereo 120 HPC SL - available with either 27.5 or 29 inch wheels - is a true wolf in sheep's clothing. By combining a superlight carbon main frame with an aluminium rear end and next generation Fox and Shimano components, we've created an extraordinary lightweight bike capable of taking on anything you care to throw at it. If you like to ride everything from epic multi-day adventures to singletrack blasts on your home trail, start here
The Stereo 120 HPC's 27.5 and 29 inch wheel options ensure that every rider can find their perfect fit. The bar is raised by combining Agile Trail Geometry (ATG) - which ensures that it has the lively, agile handling you'd expect from a CUBE full susser - with the perfect balance of stiffness and low weight, achieved with the Advanced Twin Mold carbon main frame and 6061 T6 rear end. The PressFit bottom bracket, internal cable routing, X12 quick release axle, tapered head tube and compact, forged Trail Motion Rocker linkage all contribute to making the frame as light and stiff as possible, so you can focus on the race or the next tricky section of your trail.
Shimano's XT has been a mountain biking benchmark since its launch. The new 2x11-speed groupset continues the tradition, serving up flawless shifts across an incredibly wide gear range - with chainring sizes tailored to wheel size - and smooth, powerful stopping on even the longest descents. The same is true of Fox's suspension components, which perform even better than you'd expect thanks to the use of Kashima coatings. It's hard to believe just how efficient 120 mm of travel can be. The CUBE Carbon cockpit, CUBE dropper post and CSW MA 3.7/3.9 wheels with DT Swiss technology round off this accomplished all-rounder.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO 120 HPC SL Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/red
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO 120 HPC SL Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/red|
|Manufacturer item code:||854400|
|Weight:||approx. 12,30 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPC Carbon Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, Aluminum 6061 T6 Rear Triangle, ATG, ETC 4-Link, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS Factory | 184x44 mm, Open (adjustable)/Medium/Firm Mode, LV Air Canister, Kashima Coated|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t | integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 32 Float Factory Fit 4 | Open (adjustable)/Medium/Firm Mode, Tapered, 15QR, 120 mm, Kashima Coated|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro Carbon | 750 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||Selle Italia SC1|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Dropper Post | Handlebar Lever, Internal Cable Routing, 31.6 mm, 458x150 mm (400x120 mm for smallest frame size)|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-M8000 | 27.5": 36x26 | 29": 34x24 | 175 mm (180 mm for 23" frame size)|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT FD-M8020-D | Direct Mount, Side Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano XT CS-M8000 | 11-42|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/180 mm|
|Wheels:||DT Swiss CSW MA 3.7/3.9 Straightpull, 28/28 Spokes, 15 mm/X12, Tubeless Ready, DT Swiss Pro Head® Reinforcement System, Squorx® Aluminium Nipples|
|Tires:||Schwalbe Nobby Nic Kevlar 2.25, LiteSkin|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||Trails, Singletrails, Mountain Touring, Marathon|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)