CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 SL 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 SL 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green
Uncompromising, light and perfect!
Any bike in CUBE´s range has to earn the right to wear the "Superlight" SL badge. The Stereo 140 C:62 SL 27.5's low weight credentials include both the exceptionally svelte C:62 full carbon frame and a selection of superior components - like Fox and RockShox suspension and SRAM X1 transmission. There was no room for compromise with this bike. And that means that, whatever challenge you choose, from alpine singletrack to an endurance event, the Stereo SL will be more than up for it.
Matured over the years, every detail refined and tweaked to perfection. With its full carbon frame constructed using the Advanced Twin Mold technique, 140 mm of superbly efficient and comfortable ETC suspension and a lively ride feel courtesy of our Agile Trail Geometry (ATG), they reckon there's not much room left for improvement. CUBE built in the lowest standover for its travel class, meaning you will have more confidence on technical trails. And as for attention to detail, CUBE got it covered: high strength 7075 aluminium hardware in the chainstay bearings, a stiff and lightweight full carbon linkage rocker and well thought out internal cable routing.
A bike this fast demands components to match. So CUBE began by selecting a RockShox Pike RC fork with tapered steerer and 15 mm axle, to keep the front wheel steering accurately and braking swiftly and surely. Then they added a Fox Float DPS shock at the rear, to deliver incredible small bump plush and superlative big bump control. CUBE threw in the superbly strong and light CSW AM 2.7 wheelset shod with tubeless-ready Fat Albert tires for grip in all conditions. And, of course, they went for a full SRAM X1 1x11-speed groupset with SRAM Guide R brakes and finished the whole lot off with a RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper post. This is a bike that wants for nothing.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 SL 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 SL 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green|
|Manufacturer item code:||856400|
|Weight:||approx. 12,20 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||C:62 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ATG, ETC 4-Link, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS | 200x57 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode, EVOL Air Canister|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t, integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||RockShox Pike RC Solo Air | Maxle Stealth, Tapered, 150 mm|
|Stem:||Race Face Ride 35|
|Bar:||Race Face Ride 35 Riser | 760 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||SDG Fly MTN 2|
|Seatpost:||RockShox Reverb Stealth | 31.6 mm, 440x150 mm (390x125 mm for smallest frame size)|
|Crankset:||Race Face Aeffect SL | 32 teeth | 175 mm|
|Rear Derailleur:||SRAM X1, Type2, 11-speed|
|Shifter:||SRAM X1 Trigger|
|Sprocket:||SRAM XG-1175 | 10-42|
|Brakes:||SRAM Guide R | hydraulic disc brakes 180/180 mm|
|Wheels:||DT CSW AM 2.7 Straightpull | 28/28 Spokes, 15 mm/X12 Boost, 25C-584, Tubeless Ready|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Fat Albert | Kevlar, 2.35, TrailStar, Tubeless Easy
rear: Schwalbe Fat Albert | Kevlar, 2.35, PaceStar, Tubeless Easyy
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||All Mountain, Trails, Enduro|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 SL 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/green|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size: 16"|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size: 18"|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size: 20"|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size: 22"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)