CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/blue
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/blue
For persistently tough conditions!
Here's a conundrum: what did you get if you combine the easy rolling of 29er wheels, the rock-swallowing ability of 140 mm of suspension, and the low weight and incredible stiffness of a carbon chassis? The answer is CUBE´s new-for-2017 Stereo 140 C:62 Race 29. With a spec that emphasizes reliability and affordability with no compromise, it's the trail bike that's setting new standards for 29ers.
When CUBE set out to develop the Stereo 140 C:62 Race 29 they wanted to keep all the best qualities of the previous version of the mid-travel 29er fully. So it had to be extremely light, unbelievably stiff and durable enough to stand up to unrelentingly hard use. With access to Twin Mould Monocoque technology and CUBE´s Efficient Trail Control (ETC) dynamics, achieving these goals was like water off a duck's back to CUBE´s engineering team. But even that wasn't enough for them. They improved the Agile Ride Geometry by adding a longer top tube and even more standover clearance. And the rear dropouts use the Boost hub standard for better steering precision and improved wheel durability - particularly important when you're searching for the right line on tough singletrack. This is a frame that leaves CUBE´s competition - and yours - in the dust.
A bike built to be taken to its limits needs components to match. Started with Fox's 34 Rhythm fork and matching DPS rear shock, which combine incredible small bump response with a progressive feel that keen riders will love. Then they added Shimano's 2x11 speed XT transmission, paired with a Race Face Aeffect SL chainset with 29er-specific 34x24 teeth chainring setup. Shimano BR-M506 hydraulic discs take care of bringing everything safely to a stop, while tubeless-ready Fulcrum Red 44 rims shod with grippy Nobby Nic tires keep you anchored to the trail. And CUBE even fitted a dropper post, so that super-steep shortcut is now rideable
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/blue
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/blue|
|Manufacturer item code:||858300|
|Weight:||approx. 13,10 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||C:62 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ATG, ETC 4-Link, AXH, Boost148,|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS | 190x51 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode, EVOL Air Canister|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t, integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 34 Rhythm | 2-Position Sweep-Adjust GRIP damper, Boost 15QR, Tapered, 140 mm|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro | 740 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||SDG Fly MTN 2|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Dropper Post | Handlebar Lever, Internal Cable Routing, 31.6 mm, 458x150 mm (400x120 mm for smallest frame size)|
|Crankset:||Race Face Aeffect SL | 34x24, 175 mm, Boost|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano SLX FD-M7020-D | Direct Mount, Side Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano SLX SL-M7000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000 | 11-42|
|Brakes:||Shimano BR-M506 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/180 mm|
|Wheels:||Fulcrum Red 44 | 28/28 Spokes, 15mm Boost/X12 Boost, 23Cx622, Tubeless Ready|
|Tires:||Schwalbe Nobby Nic Kevlar 2.35, Trail Star, Tubeless Easy|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||All Mountain, Trails|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE STEREO 140 C:62 Race 29 Mountainbike - 2017 - carbon/blue|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size: 16"|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size: 22"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)