CUBE STEREO 160 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/red
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO 160 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/red
Performance without compromise!
Big travel, big thrills: the Stereo 160 HPA Race is a machine that delivers almost infinite fun on epic trails. With 160 mm, 27.5" frame and robust components, it's the perfect setup for any riding situation you care to throw its way - the perfect bike for existing and aspiring enduro riders alike.
This is frame construction on the highest level. CUBE designed the 7005, hydroformed High Performance Aluminium frame with an exceptionally low standover height, slightly increased reach and a Boost148 hub at the rear for increased stiffness. The result? It's both lighter and more stable than earlier long travel bikes. Naturally, current standards like the PressFit bottom bracket, tapered head tube, internal cable routing and ISCG mountings are all still present and correct. The four pivot rear suspension is aided and abetted by the Trail Motion Rocker linkage and high quality industrial bearings for the ultimate sensitivity. And Agile Trail Geometry (ATG) is responsible for the bike's characteristic great trail manners.
Performance without compromise. RockShox provides this prime example of enduro technology with new suspension components, in the form of a light Yari RC fork up front and a Monarch RT Debon Air shock with at the rear. Powerful braking is delivered by SRAM's Guide R disc brake system and large, fast-cooling 180 mm rotors. SRAM's wide ratio GX 1x11 transmission delivers your power to the rear wheel via a Boost-compatible chainset, while Answer's Atac EM wheels' 25 mm rim width makes them practically bombproof - and the perfect place to hang Schwalbe's grippy Hans Dampf and Rock Razor tires. And of course, there's a CUBE dropper post with clean internal cable routing, for maximum maneuverability out on the trail.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE´s high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, CUBE succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO 160 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/red
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO 160 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/red|
|Manufacturer item code:||860300|
|Weight:||approx. 13,60 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ATG, ETC 4-Link, ISCG Mount, Boost148, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||RockShox Monarch RT Debon Air | 200x57 mm|
|Headset:||FSA 1.5E ZS | Tapered, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8“ (44 mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2“ (56 mm)|
|Fork:||RockShox Yari RC Solo Air | Maxle stealth, Tapered, 160 mm|
|Stem:||Race Face Ride 35|
|Bar:||Race Face Ride 35 Riser | 760 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||SDG Fly MTN 2|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Dropper Post | Handlebar Lever, Internal Cable Routing, 31.6 mm, 458x150 mm (400x120 mm for smallest frame size)|
|Crankset:||Sram NX direct mount | 32 T, 175 mm|
|Rear Derailleur:||SRAM GX1, 11-speed|
|Shifter:||SRAM GX Trigger|
|Sprocket:||SRAM XG-1150 | 10-42|
|Brakes:||SRAM Guide R | hydraulic disc brakes 180/180 mm|
|Wheels:||Answer Atac EM | 15 mm/X12 Boost, Tubeless Ready|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Hans Dampf Kevlar 2.35 | TrailStar, Tubeless Easy
rear: Schwalbe Rock Razor Kevlar 2.35 | PaceStar, Tubeless Easy
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||Enduro, All Mountain|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE STEREO 160 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/red|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 16"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 18"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 20"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 22"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)