CUBE STEREO 160 C:68 Action Team 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - action team
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO 160 C:68 Action Team 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - action team
Resident onto winners' podiums in the Enduro World Series!
Fancy riding the same brand new, race replica enduro bike that's found its way onto winners' podiums in the Enduro World Series? The Stereo 160 C:68 means you can ride the exact same frame, with the same suspension setup and components, as pro team riders like Nico Lau. And who wouldn't want to do that?
The full carbon frame with advanced twin mold technology - including a carbon trail motion rocker bell crank - is record-breakingly light but still brings top drawer qualities to the table. The standover height is lower than before but there's still room for a piggyback shock, while Boost148 chainstays stiffen the rear end. The bombproof four bar linkage system combines extraordinarily efficient trail control kinematics (ETC) with CUBE´s progressive Agile Trail Geometry (ATG), blending the climbing performance of a marathon racer with the descending prowess of a freerider. 160 mm of suspension travel has never been so efficient, whether you're pointed uphill or down.
Highlights wherever you look. The Fox 36 Float Factory HSC is the reference for enduro forks, setting the standard for weight, steering precision and performance. At the rear, a high end Float X Factory shock features the revolutionary EVOL air spring, remote lockout and a custom CUBE tune with smooth Kashima coating for increased sensitivity. Then there's the superb 1x11-speed Shimano XTR drivetrain and brake set. With the incredible 11-46 teeth range of the CS-M8000 cassette, adjustable Shadow Plus rear derailleur and XTR trail braking system, XTR continues to set the gold standard for braking and shift quality. No other brake setup can match its stopping power or offers such sensitive modulation. CUBE included a Fox Transfer 150 mm dropper post, a high end Race Face cockpit and the range-topping CSW EM 3.7 Enduro system wheels with wide, tubeless-ready rims and stiff Boost148 hubs at the rear. It's ready to race. Are you?
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- C:68 Carbon Fiber Technology - CUBE´s highly innovative new C:68 carbon fibre technology allows them to build better bikes than ever. Typically, carbon fibre frames are around 60% carbon fibre, with the rest being the resin that bonds the fibres together. By distributing carbon fibres evenly, they can make thinner layers within the frame and reduce the amount of resin. Those fibres are a mixture of Ultra High Modulus, High Modulus Spread Tow and Intermediate Modulus carbon, each chosen for the needs of the particular area of the frame. Nanoparticles within the resin itself allows it to be distributed more evenly when under pressure in the frame mold. The result is a range of frames with 68% carbon fibre lower weight, higher stiffness, more fun.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO 160 C:68 Action Team 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - action team
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO 160 C:68 Action Team 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - action team|
|Manufacturer item code:||861500|
|Weight:||approx. 13,20 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||C:68 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ATG, ETC 4-Link, ISCG Mount, Boost148, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float X | 200x57 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode, Remote Lever, Kashima Coated, EVOL Air Sleeve|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit I-t | integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 36 Float Factory FIT | LSC/HSC, 15 mm Axle, Tapered, Kashima Coated, 160 mm|
|Stem:||Race Face Turbine R 35|
|Bar:||Race Face SixC 35 Carbon | 800 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio|
|Seatpost:||Fox Transfer Factory | 31.6 mm, Kashima coated, 456x150 mm (409x125 mm for smallest frame size)|
|Crankset:||Shimano XTR FC-M9020 | Boost, 32 teeth, 175 mm|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XTR RD-M9000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed|
|Shifter:||Shimano XTR SL-M9000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano XT CS-M8000 | 11-46|
|Brakes:||Shimano XTR BR-M9020 | hydraulische Scheibenbremse 180/180 mm|
|Wheels:||DT Swiss CSW EM 3.7 Straightpull | 28/28 Spokes, 15 mm/X12, Tubeless Ready, 30Cx584, DT Swiss Pro Head® Reinforcement System, Squorx® Aluminium Nipples|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.35 | Super Gravity, VertStar, Tubeless Easy
rear: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 | Super Gravity, TrailStar, Tubeless Easy
|Extra:||e*thirteen LG1+ Chain Guide, ISCG05|
|Purpose:||Enduro, All Mountain, competition|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)