CUBE LTD SL 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - blackline
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE LTD SL 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - blackline
The range-topper in the LTD series!
As the range-topper in the Limited Series, the LTD SL has the high quality aluminium frame and high end components that are bound to inspire looks of envy from your riding buddies. And, as you'd expect from such an uncompromising approach, it offers absolutely the best performance out on the trail.
The detail reads like a frame building wish-list: mechanically formed 6061 aluminium tubes, double butting, IS brake mount on the chainstay, internal cable routing, PressFit bottom bracket and a tapered head tube. Everything is there to ensure that not a single watt of power is wasted and that every steering input is transferred to the trail - and all this is achieved with incredibly low weight. CUBE even took comfort into account and incorporated a 27.2 mm seat post. The LTD SL can handle any trail and, thanks to Agile Ride Geometry, remains agile and lively whether your opt for the 27.5 or 29 inch option.
Is this a performance trail bike... or a race bike? The answer is simple: both. The extraordinary Fox 32 Float Performance suspension fork with 100 mm travel is the perfect match for the frame's precise handling, delivering smooth, progressive trail-taming bump absorption and razor-sharp steering. To meet the needs of the most demanding rider CUBE specced Shimano's crisp-shifting XT drivetrain and brake groupset with 36x26T chainset. The XT ShadowPlus rear mechanism with Direct Mount attachment delivers near-instantaneous shifts, while Shimano's I-Spec mount system cleans up the rider cockpit. High quality DT-Swiss spokes join tubeless-ready CUBE EX21 rims to reliable, smooth Shimano Deore hubs for the ideal wheel package.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Aluminium Lite - 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE´s high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE LTD SL 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - blackline
|Product Name:||CUBE LTD SL 2x Mountainbike - 2017 - blackline|
|Manufacturer item code:||814000|
|Weight:||approx. 12,50 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Aluminium Lite, AMF, ARG, Internal Cable Routing, Easy Mount Kickstand Ready, Tapered Headtube, PressFit BB|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit 1.5B ZS-1 | semi-integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 32 Float Performance | 100 mm|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar | 700 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Performance Grips|
|Saddle:||CUBE Active 1.1|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 27.2 mm|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-M8000 | 36x26T, 175 mm|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT FD-M8020-D | Direct Mount, Side Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000 | 11-42T|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/160 mm|
|Rims:||CUBE EX21 | 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready|
|Hubs:||front: Shimano Deore HB-M615 | Centerlock
rear: Shimano Deore FH-M615 | Centerlock
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Tough Tom | Active, 2.25
rear: Schwalbe Rapid Rob | Active, 2.25
|Pedals:||CUBE Aluminium MTB|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)