Shave seconds off your time and go for a new personal best. If speed is your motivation, the DS TRAINER delivers, whether it’s building up speed with once-a-week interval training or taking aim at that sub-3 marathon. Launch yourself forward with a new, lighter upper that’s been stripped back to a single layer.
Target old PBs with a lightweight, stripped-back speed-running shoe. Push off and accelerate faster with a propulsion plate in the outsole. Get a comfortable fit with a lightweight upper made of a single layer.
Pronation Suitability: Ideal for neutral pronation.
Pronation is how a runner's foot rolls medially between footfall and toe-off. Underpronation is when the foot rolls outwards, overpronation is when it rolls inwards, and a neutral pattern is when little rolling occurs. Matching a shoe's properties with the runner's running style will increase comfort, running efficiency, and contribute to decreasing the risk of injury.
- ComforDry™ Sockliner: Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, dryer, healthier environment.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.): ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natual gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- California Slip Lasting: For stability and comfort. Upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
- Light AHAR sponge: A blown AHAR rubber outsole material with high abrasion-resistant qualities for added durability, combined with a comfortable, cushioned ride.
- Propulsion Trusstic: Mimics connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as foot enters propulsion stage.
- Solyte® Midsole Material: A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA®. Also fetures enhanced cushioning and durability.
- Guidance Line®: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- 3M Reflective: Reflective material produced by 3M company, for night safety.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- AHAR+: New blown AHAR outsole material. Delivers enhanced cushioning, durability and ride to the foot.
- Clutch Counter: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Dynamic Duomax: Next generation DuoMax system provides greater comfort and enhances gait efficiency.
: These shoes are quite small. We strongly recommend to take half or one size larger than usual.