41.5 kilometres down. Just 10 to go. When it comes down to that final running segment in an Olympic-distance triathlon race, speed is everything. And in the GEL-HYPER TRI, you have a shoe built for speed over 10k. It's about being fast on the road and also in the transition area - you can be off and running in no time, after you slip them on and lock the laces quickly. Barefoot running is comfortable thanks to the soft, seamless lining. Wild, colourful design that really stands out at the finish line. Get out of the transition area quickly with a shoe that's easy to get on.
Pronation Suitability: Ideal for neutral pronation.
Pronation is how a runner's foot rolls medially between footfall and toe-off. Underpronation is when the foot rolls outwards, overpronation is when it rolls inwards, and a neutral pattern is when little rolling occurs.
- SpEVA® Midsole Material: Improves bounce-back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
- DuraSponge Outsole: AA blown Rubber AHAR rubber compound for enhanced cushioning and durability in the forefoot.
- Magic Sole: Vented midsole and outsole minimizes weight and maximizes breathability.
- AHAR+ (ASICS High Abrasion Resistant rubber): Tough material placed in critical areas of heavy contact on the shoe for exceptional durability. Even more durable as AHAR.
- Removable Sockliner: EVA sockliner moulded to the shape of the foot, which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- 3M Reflectivity: Special reflective material fot better visibility in poor light.
: These shoes are quite small. We strongly recommend to take half or one size larger than usual.