CUBE ATTAIN GTC Race Ultegra Roadbike - 2017 - carbon/blue
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE ATTAIN GTC Race Ultegra Roadbike - 2017 - carbon/blue
Comfortable and fast!
The Attain GTC Race is a bike that's as comfortable as it is fast - made to break personal bests, whether it's on a long distance ride or a local hill climb. To achieve this unrivaled performance CUBE selected the best off-the-shelf technology available and bolted it to a cutting edge carbon frame. The result is a pure-bred race machine, built to take on anything from a sportive to an epic ride out in the hills with your training buddies.
The Attain GTC Race is built around the latest development of CUBE´s carbon frame technology, complete with carbon fork plugged into an integrated headset. CUBE also equipped the frame with Aero Flex Stays that both look good and add a dose of welcome comfort to this race-bred machine. Incredible stiffness results from the tapered head tube, joined in turn to the large cross-section down tube - which means assured, stable handling even at high speed. To ensure the best drivetrain efficiency CUBE selected PressFit for the crucial bottom bracket bearings. They also improved the looks by routing all cables internally. Oh, and in case you were wondering, GTC stands for Gran Turismo Composite. The name says it all.
Only the best would do for the Attain GTC Race, so CUBE selected Shimano's showcase Ultegra groupset. The compact chainset features 50 and 34 tooth chainrings up front, while at the rear the 11 speed cassette runs from 11 to 32 teeth. Control is provided by CUBE´s ergonomic Wing Race Bar and they put the GTC Race on the Aksium Elite system wheelset from legendary French manufacturer Mavic.
- Gran Turismo Composite - In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. CUBE use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most ?the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. CUBE´s special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN - Plus testing.
- Twin Mold Technology - The Twin Mold technique uses re-usable cores during the lay-up process to ensure precision frame molding. Special inserts guarantee optimum ply orientation during the production process to add extra strength at frame points subject to higher loads. This improves the safety of the product and delivers outstanding stiffness characteristics.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE ATTAIN GTC Race Ultegra Roadbike - 2017 - carbon/blue
|Product Name:||CUBE ATTAIN GTC Race Ultegra Roadbike - 2017 - carbon/blue|
|Manufacturer item code:||877300|
|Weight:||approx. 8250 gram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||GTC Monocoque Twin Mold Technology | Road Comfort Geometry|
|Headset:||FSA I-t | Top: Integrated 1 1/8", Bottom: Integrated 1 1/4"|
|Fork:||CUBE CSL Race | One Piece 3D Forged Steerer/Crown, Carbon Blades, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" Tapered|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Wing Race Bar Compact|
|Saddle:||CUBE RP 1.0|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 27.2 mm|
|Wheels:||Mavic Aksium Elite | QR/QR|
|Crankset:||Shimano Ultegra FC-6800|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano Ultegra FD-6800 | 31.8 mm Clamp|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano Ultegra RD-6800 | 11-speed|
|Shifter:||Shimano Ultegra ST-6800|
|Sprocket:||Shimano Ultegra CS-6800|
|Tires:||Mavic Yksion Elite Guard | Nylon Breaker, 120 TPI, 25-622|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||Road, Touring, Training|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)