CUBE Cross Race 105 Disc Cyclocross Bike - 2017 - black/white
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (1)
Description of CUBE Cross Race 105 Disc Cyclocross Bike - 2017 - black/white
Ideal for CX-Race and everyday training!
Long live Cyclocross - the traditionalist's world made up of mud, sections of running, and working up a sweat in the depths of winter. CUBE developed the brand new 2017 Cross Race specifically for this role, adding low-maintenance disc brakes. With reliable, all-weather stoppers the Cross Race is a sound choice for everything from competition use to training rides... or even just for sprinting off the lights when they turn green on the daily commute.
For 2017 CUBE re-thought the Cross Race from the ground up, equipping it with thoughtful touches like a specially shaped ergonomic top tube for easier bike carrying. As you'd expect from one of CUBE´s HPA frames, they used double butted Superlite Advanced 6061 aluminium with tubes optimised via elaborate mechanical forming and X12 axles front and rear. It all adds up to a frame that's torsionally very stiff, but also surprising comfortable, thanks to slender seatstays and a precise-steering, vibration-absorbing carbon/aluminium fork developed specifically for cyclocross. The race-ready geometry provides a perfectly balanced ride position, ensuring handling that's the perfect blend of agile and stable - ideal for everything from racing to cross-country rides and training - and it's available in a new, smaller 50 cm frame size.
A crosser must have reliable components. That's why CUBE chose Shimano's legendarily precise 2x11-speed 105 groupset in combination with TRP Spyre mechanical disc brake system. Fitting 160 mm brake rotors front and rear ensures safe stopping even in filthy conditions, while built-by-CUBE wheels shod with Schwalbe Rocket Ron cyclocross tires mean you'll always be able to find some grip.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Onepiece Design - Welded joints in CUBE´s high-quality aluminum frames are specially finished via this method and create the impression of seamless tube design. This generates the visual effect of molding and ensures high load bearing capacity.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE´s high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (1)
Fact Sheet of CUBE Cross Race 105 Disc Cyclocross Bike - 2017 - black/white
|Product Name:||CUBE Cross Race 105 Disc Cyclocross Bike - 2017 - black/white|
|Manufacturer item code:||888000|
|Material:||Aluminium 6061 double butted|
|Weight:||approx. 10,35 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Aluminium Superlite | Double Butted, Advanced Mechanical Forming, Smooth Welded, Internal Cable Routing, Flat Mount Disc, X12, AXH|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit Z-t ECO | Top: Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44 mm), Bottom: Integrated 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||CUBE Cross Race Disc | Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" Tapered, Flat Mount, X12|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Compact Race Bar|
|Bar tape:||CUBE Grip Control|
|Saddle:||CUBE RP 1.0|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 27.2 mm|
|Wheels:||CUBE RA 0.8 CX
f: 12x100 mm | r: 12x142 mm
|Brakes:||TRP Spyre MD-C610C | Flat Mount, 160/160 mm|
|Crank Arm Length:||170 mm (50/53 cm), 172.5 mm (56/58 cm), 175 mm (61 cm)|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano 105 FD-5800 | 31.8 mm Clamp|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano 105 RD-5800GS | 11-speed|
|Shifter:||Shimano 105 ST-5800|
|Sprocket:||Shimano 105 CS-5800 | 11-speed|
|Tires:||Schwalbe Rocket Ron | 33-622|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (1)