CUBE STEREO HYBRID 120 HPA SL 500 27.5+ MTB E-Bike - 2017 - black/white
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO HYBRID 120 HPA SL 500 27.5+ MTB E-Bike - 2017 - black/white
Playfully and safe trail companion!
At CUBE they don't jump on bandwagons. But when something comes along that's genuinely useful, they are always willing to work with it. That's how they ended up developing the Stereo Hybrid HPA 120 SL 27.5+, built around the incredible grip and comfort of 27.5+ tires. It's a trail-devouring monster, blending the speed and precision of regular tires with the float and traction of a fat bike: the best of both worlds.
Designing a frame to incorporate plus size wheels, 120 mm of travel and Bosch's superb drive system isn't easy. It's a good thing, then, that CUBE's designers are up to the task. Using their decades of experience in aluminium frame construction and a neat trick or two, they built a chassis that's light, stiff, strong - and has the clearances required. Boost hubs ensure accurate tracking and precision steering, even when things are getting rowdy. Just like the other Stereo Hybrid bikes, the low toptube and Agile Ride Geometry make for a highly nimble, easily controlled trail companion. Meanwhile, Efficient Trail Control kinematics provide a neutral, easily adjustable suspension setup that will tackle anything you throw at it.
A bike this capable needs stop-and-go components to match. So CUBE teamed Bosch's superb CX drive unit - with its mountain-taming 75 Nm of torque and 500 Wh battery - with Shimano's wide-ranging, super-reliable 11-speed XT transmission. The 11-46 tooth cassette and slick, smooth shifter are the perfect match for the Bosch's seamless power delivery, ensuring smooth gear changes in all conditions. Shimano's superb XT hydraulic disc brakes means you'll always be able to keep your speed in check, while Fox's 34 Rhythm fork and Float DPS Performance EVOL shock handle trail smoothing duties with easy aplomb. Answer Plus Atac wheels shod with Schwable Nobby Nic tyres provide epic levels of grip, and the CUBE dropper post means you don't have to stick to the easy line.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE´s high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, CUBE succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Advanced Hydroforming - Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE´s high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO HYBRID 120 HPA SL 500 27.5+ MTB E-Bike - 2017 - black/white
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO HYBRID 120 HPA SL 500 27.5+ MTB E-Bike - 2017 - black/white|
|Manufacturer item code:||875800|
|Weight:||approx. 23,50 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPA Ultralight | Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link, ATG, Boost 148 mm, Tuned Drive Position, AXH, Plus Ready|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit Z-t | Top: Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44 mm), Bottom: Integrated 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||Fox 34 Rhythm | 2-Position Sweep-Adjust GRIP Damper, Tapered, Boost 15 mm, 120 mm|
|Shock:||Fox Float DPS Performance | 184x44 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode, EVOL Air Sleeve|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro | 740 mm|
|Saddle:||Selle Royal MTB|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Dropper Post | Handlebar Lever, Internal Cable Routing, 31.6 mm, 458x150 mm (400x120 mm for smallest frame size)|
|Crankset:||FSA CK-745 | 16T|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DGS | ShadowPlus, 11-fach, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000 | 11-speed|
|Sprocket:||Shimano XT CS-M8000 | 11-46T|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes (180/180 mm)|
|Wheelset:||Answer Plus Atac | 15 mm Boost/X12 Boost|
|Rims:||Answer Plus Atac | Tubeless-Ready, 40 mm|
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Kevlar 2.8, TrailStar, Apex, Tubeless Easy
rear: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Kevlar 2.8, PaceStar, Apex, Tubeless Easy
|E-Drive System:||Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX (75 Nm) Cruise (250 Watt)|
|Battery:||Bosch PowerPack 500 Wh|
|Extras:||battery charger: Bosch 4A, display: Bosch Purion|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE STEREO HYBRID 120 HPA SL 500 27.5+ MTB E-Bike - 2017 - black/white|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 16"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 18"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 20"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 22"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)