CUBE STING WLS HYBRID 120 SL 500 27.5 Women MTB E-Bike - 2017 - mint/flashgreen
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STING WLS HYBRID 120 SL 500 27.5 Women MTB E-Bike - 2017 - mint/flashgreen
Absolutely reliable companion!
The Sting WLS Hybrid 120 seamlessly blends the perfect trail bike with a fleet-footed, powerful e-MTB. CUBE have built this bike to be an absolutely reliable companion, combining a high quality frame with plenty of innovative features and sturdy, dependable components. It's all designed to make sure that the Sting WLS Hybrid 120 is ready for anything that might come its way, wherever your search for trail adventures takes you.
The Sting Hybrid brings the striking, dynamic design of the Stereo Hybrid series to the WLS range. The Tuned Drive Position (TDP) allowed CUBE to make the chainstays shorter. Combined with their widely admired Efficient Trail Control (ETC) dynamics, semi-integrated battery and Agile Trail Geometry (ATG), CUBE have created an incredibly compact chassis with fantastic handling. And, since you'll now be cornering faster than ever, CUBE have also selected wider 148 mm Boost hubs - giving greater wheel rigidity and even better reliability. Gear cables are routed internally - hidden, tidied away and protected in a way that highlights the frame's clean lines.
The best-performing Bosch drive is undoubtedly the big highlight of the Sting WLS Hybrid SL - the CX Drive Unit with up to 75 Nm of torque. To make sure that all this extra power will continue to support your trail adventures, CUBE included the range-topping 500 Wh battery as standard - so you can just keep going. Shimano's new 11-speed XT transmission with its wide-ranging 11-46T cassette not only guarantees the best shifting performance; it also means you'll always have exactly the right gear for any situation. The Deore hydraulic disc brake system will slow you reliably in all weathers, and RockShox's Recon Silver suspension fork and Fox Float DPS Performance rear shock work together to add comfort and control on even the toughest of trails. Stiff, strong CUBE EX23 rims, with 148 mm Boost hub and Schwalbe Nobby Nic trail tires round off this performance women's e-MTB.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE´s high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, CUBE succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Advanced Hydroforming - Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- Woman Like Series - CUBE´s new WLS models come with different wheel sizes for different frame heights. The 13.5 and 16" frames have 27.5" wheels, the 17,19 and 21" frames are built as 29ers. Depending on body height, every woman gets the perfect riding character and geometry. The models of the CUBE Woman Like Series feature a compact frame geometry with shorter top tubes and longer head tubes, giving a riding position that is more upright than on the mens models. This riding position relieves the pelvis and offers more comfort. The top tubes of the WLS mountain bikes are lowered, making the bike more comfortable and safe to mount and dismount.
- Onepiece Design - Welded joints in CUBE´s high-quality aluminum frames are specially finished via this method and create the impression of seamless tube design. This generates the visual effect of molding and ensures high load bearing capacity.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE´s high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STING WLS HYBRID 120 SL 500 27.5 Women MTB E-Bike - 2017 - mint/flashgreen
|Product Name:||CUBE STING WLS HYBRID 120 SL 500 27.5 Women MTB E-Bike - 2017 - mint/flashgreen|
|Manufacturer item code:||871200|
|Weight:||approx. 21,80 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPA Ultralight | Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link, ATG, Boost 148 mm, Tuned Drive Position, AXH|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit Z-t | Top: Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44 mm), Bottom: Integrated 1 1/2"|
|Fork:||RockShox Recon Silver TK Air | Pop Loc, 120 mm|
|Shock:||Fox Float DPS Performance | 184x44 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode, EVOL Air Sleeve|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro | 740 mm|
|Saddle:||Selle Italia WLS Performance|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 31.6 mm|
|Crankset:||FSA CK-745 | 16T|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano XT SL-M8000-B-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano XT CS-M8000 | 11-46T|
|Brakes:||Shimano Deore BR-M615 | hydraulic disc brakes (180/180 mm)|
|Rims:||CUBE EX23 | 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready|
|Hubs:||front: Shimano Deore HB-M618, 15 mm
rear: Shimano Deore FH-M618-B, X12, Boost
|Tires:||Schwalbe Nobby Nic | Performance, 2.35|
|E-Drive System:||Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX (75 Nm) Cruise (250 Watt)|
|Battery:||Bosch PowerPack 500 Wh|
|Extras:||battery charger: Bosch 4A, display: Bosch Purion|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE STING WLS HYBRID 120 SL 500 27.5 Women MTB E-Bike - 2017 - mint/flashgreen|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 16"|
|Delivery time unknown||Frame Size: 18"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)