CUBE ACCESS WLS SL 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - coral/grey
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE ACCESS WLS SL 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - coral/grey
This is CUBE´s top women's aluminium hardtail, designed to tackle everything from enthusiastic trail riding to novice racing. CUBE haven't just given the Access WLS an extraordinarily high quality aluminium frame; with high quality, enthusiast-orientated components like the 2x11-speed Shimano transmission, RockShox Recon Silver TK Air suspension fork and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, the Access WLS SL is also set up perfectly for life on the race circuit.
WLS series frames get all the features CUBE can muster to make the double butted aluminium chassis even lighter, stiffer and more efficient. The 6061 aluminium tubes feature complex mechanical forming, while the bottom bracket uses the PressFit standard and there's a tapered headtube, too. CUBE also incorporated the IS brake mount into the 3D forged dropouts, while internally routed cables give an exceptionally neat appearance and ensure long-lasting clean gear shifts. The 27.2 mm seatpost contributes to greatly enhanced rider comfort and the Agile Ride Geometry with a shorter, lowered top tube makes the SL a balanced and agile companion for female riders out on the trail.
Shimano's SLX and XT 2x11-speed transmission components deliver exemplary shifting performance in all conditions - and, with a huge gear range at your fingertips, you'll always be in the right one. Up front, the RockShox Recon Silver air suspension fork can easily be adjusted to the rider's weight and riding style, delivering perfect control and maximum comfort on even the wildest of rides. CUBE build the high quality wheels - with durable Shimano Deore hubs - in the CUBE factory. Braking is handled by Shimano's reliable BR-M315 disc system, while Schwalbe's Rapid Rob and Tough Tom tires in 2.25in width keep everything under control.
- Aluminium Lite - 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE´s high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Woman Like Series - CUBE´s new WLS models come with different wheel sizes for different frame heights. The 13.5 and 16" frames have 27.5" wheels, the 17,19 and 21" frames are built as 29ers. Depending on body height, every woman gets the perfect riding character and geometry. The models of the CUBE Woman Like Series feature a compact frame geometry with shorter top tubes and longer head tubes, giving a riding position that is more upright than on the mens models. This riding position relieves the pelvis and offers more comfort. The top tubes of the WLS mountain bikes are lowered, making the bike more comfortable and safe to mount and dismount.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE ACCESS WLS SL 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - coral/grey
|Product Name:||CUBE ACCESS WLS SL 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - coral/grey|
|Manufacturer item code:||825401|
|Weight:||approx. 13,05 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Aluminium Lite, AMF, ARG, Internal Cable Routing, Easy Mount Kickstand Ready, Tapered Headtube, PressFit BB|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS | Tapered, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8“ (44 mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2“ (56 mm)|
|Fork:||RockShox Recon Silver TK Air | PopLoc, 100 mm|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar | 680 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Performance Grips|
|Saddle:||CUBE WLS Active 1.1|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 27.2 mm|
|Crankset:||Race Face Aeffect SL | 36x26T, 165 mm|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano SLX FD-M7025-D | Direct Mount, Down Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano SLX SL-M7000|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000 | 11-42T|
|Brakes:||Shimano BR-M315 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/160 mm|
|Rims:||CUBE ZX20 | 32H, Disc|
|Hubs:||front: Shimano Deore HB-M615 | Centerlock
rear: Shimano Deore FH-M615 | Centerlock
|Tires:||front: Schwalbe Tough Tom | Active, 2.25
rear: Schwalbe Rapid Rob | Active, 2.25
|Pedals:||CUBE Aluminium MTB|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)